Question - going uphill

Giorginetto

Registered
5 Aug 2011
Best answers
Hello all !!!

I recently posted some pictures and videos of my very first attempt to set up my around 50m LGB track outdoors . its been great fun and loved it. I run two playmobil trains the 4051 and 4052 ( two motors ) as I am abig playmobil fan and collector ( over 5000 figures ..) , i shall most certainly buy 24V LGB trains in the near future but i want to concentrate now to create a far bigger and more complex track outdoors .

As part of the track goes uphill i wonder for my trains can i use these rails that LGB sells on line to assist trains go uphill ? are there any related parts that need to be purchased for the loco engines/ wagons ? does anyone have any pictures of all this and/or other solutions to get my trains go uphill a bit ??? thank you all :):):)

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
hi , a quick asnwer, is no.. the rack track works with the lgb rack locos only, as they have a large geared cog, that engauges the rack..

MRail

16mm etc - Live steam, battery & trams
26 Oct 2009
Merseyside, U.K.
youtube.com.user.MadogMersey
Best answers
Country flag
Re:Question - going uphill

I think you will find Playmobil locos will go uphill quite well with modest loads.
For heavy trains you will need more powerful locos.

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Re:Question - going uphill

take them apart and add some weight. they will pull alot better. Not too much as it can cause problems, although I have never had any...