QSI Magnum + Bachmann Dynamis

Leighton

Surfing, Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Roller Coasters,
14 Dec 2009
Port Talbot, Wales
Best answers
I aquired a QSI Magnum decoder from Jeremy earlier today that had been pre-programmed with the K-27 sound, got it home, put it in the loco and it sounds fantastic.

The only problem I have is with the controller set to 128 speed steps, when I accelerate to 1 or 2/128 the loco accelerates quite rapidly to what seems like a quater of its top speed. Is there anything I can do in the controller settings to sort this? or does the decoder need to be reprogrammed?

Also, in forward running, the rear light is on, and vice versa.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Leighton said:
I aquired a QSI Magnum decoder from Jeremy earlier today that had been pre-programmed with the K-27 sound, got it home, put it in the loco and it sounds fantastic.

The only problem I have is with the controller set to 128 speed steps, when I accelerate to 1 or 2/128 the loco accelerates quite rapidly to what seems like a quater of its top speed. Is there anything I can do in the controller settings to sort this? or does the decoder need to be reprogrammed?

Also, in forward running, the rear light is on, and vice versa.
Have a QSI in my K-27 you will find that both lights front and rear light up but the one in the direction of the loco should be brighter the decoder lights up the light when you hear the dynmo start up with my QSI i use the load heavy on my QSI controler to slow the start speed also increases the chuff sound as if the locos working hard hope this is some help .

Leighton

14 Dec 2009
Port Talbot, Wales
Best answers
I don't know if it is possible to modify the acceleration speed with the Dynamis controller, maybe someone will know about that.

When the loco is running forward, the front light is off, and the rear is on, and when running in reverse, the front light is on, and the rear is off.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Leighton said:
I don't know if it is possible to modify the acceleration speed with the Dynamis controller, maybe someone will know about that.

When the loco is running forward, the front light is off, and the rear is on, and when running in reverse, the front light is on, and the rear is off.

I gather that that the lighting anomaly is normal for the QSI card in the K27.
You have had more luck than I with the card overall. I could not access any sound other than the bell no matter which button I pressed.
I had exactly the same speed problem as you except that in reverse the loco accelerated to warp speed instantly and would not stop! Fortunately, I was testing it on the rollers.
EDIT: I was using MTS2 and analogue.

Leighton

14 Dec 2009
Port Talbot, Wales
Best answers
I don't have the luxury convenience of rollers, I am testing mine on 10ft section of track on my worktop, so when the loco accelerates out of control, if I dont stop it in time it will hit the wall on the other end of the workshop and derail.
Expect me to be crying on here when my K-27 falls off the worktop and lands on the floor :p
I may have to take the loco over to Jeremy to see if he can sort it.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Leighton
PM sent.
I strongly recommend the use of rollers, I use the Bachmann ones, amongst other things it greatly eases the lubrication of the motion.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Hi Leighton
The Quantum Engineer Advanced Analogue Controller gives me all the sounds that you get on DCC when using DC , on this i can set loco speed sound volumes for each sound has a load heavy button that i push on up grades this brings the loco to a crawl you should be able to do this on DCC the decoder will talk to you to let you know the settings you have set . The decor is set to run like a real loco you open up the throttle and loco will go to speed that you set when you slow the loco the loco takes it 's time to slow does take some getting used too have had several crashes myself.
707feeea47e54f38816437f963b89ed4.jpeg

Richie