Pwll Dylluan Railway - Welsh NG in the mountains

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
I am not a Welsh speaker but used Google translate.
Yes eg cervical = servigol and our local undertaker is called Gwyn the box :)

owlpool

25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I have Welsh blood in my veins, albeit much diluted. Goldsworthy being a truly Cornish surname, most of my ancestors were born, lived and were buried in the St Austell area. My Great Grandfather was a Stanier (tin miner). When the Cornish tin industry collapsed he moved to South Wales where he became a Collier (coal miner). That is where my Grandfather was born (Goldsworthy minor). He married a Welsh girl from the Valleys. At some time both side of their extended families seem to have upped stumps and mover to North Surrey where my father and subsequently, me, were born. When I learnt to drive, it was in a Morris Minor (car).

David
There was a lot of movement between the miners of Cornwall and Wales ( and Spain)
No Welsh car industry now unless you count the Dai-hatsu or the Renault Megan (various parts and engine factories too)

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
There was a lot of movement between the miners of Cornwall and Wales ( and Spain)
No Welsh car industry now unless you count the Dai-hatsu or the Renault Megan (various parts and engine factories too)

You forgot Morgan, it's Welsh by name and almost made in Wales, it's only just over the border. (It's also my wife's maiden name).

David

owlpool

25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Not posted for a while what with the pandemic and other things pushing the railway to the background. But I’ve retired now and plan to get it back running. Looks like it needs a preservation order. Started servicing locos while waiting for the weather to improve
IMG_1750.jpeg

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Not posted for a while what with the pandemic and other things pushing the railway to the background. But I’ve retired now and plan to get it back running. Looks like it needs a preservation order. Started servicing locos while waiting for the weather to improve
Very glad to see you back I am.

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag
Good to see you back on here Paul. I had wondered if your line was still in place. A great railway in a beautiful location.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Two weekends work... ;)

Needed to go back a few pages, but it looks remarkably intact, for being left to the elements and Ma Nature..

PhilP

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I've not seen your previous postings as I join after your last one! Looks a great line, so hopefully it won't be too long before you get it up and running again

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome back Paul....

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The missing link?
IMG_20240329_142431.jpg
IMG_20240329_142504.jpg
PhilP

Reactions: 1 user

owlpool

25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Making a start. A trolley load of dunnage and clippings revealed the half way station ( compare with #447). The station loop is fine but the approach points trackbed needs underpinning.
I need to draw an overall plan of the railway and survey and mark the various works needed

IMG_1802.jpegIMG_1803.jpeg

owlpool

25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Those box ‘trees’ were about 3 for a £ in Lidl or Aldi about 15 years ago - a good buy!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
It's obviously a very well made track bed to have survived, and it says a lot about the quality of the track too. It must be great seeing it all reappear