Putting an old tank car in service.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have not been about for a month or so as many things got in the way of running or doing anything with regard to the railroad and to be honest my interest waned completely really to non existent but getting back to normal albeit slowly,at the begining of last month I ventured down to GRS to get some figures and total disappointment,nothing of any use and ended up buying just a couple of Bachmann firemen,after a 2 hour drive there through the traffic I was going to bring somat home and not having a wasted trip so single dome tank car off the used shelf took my eye.I assume it was a kit item with the plain grey tank and was in reasonable condition so something could be done with it,A simple all black respray,simplified lettering and numbers,white wall tires and restored to a revenue car,some light weathering later,Otis Oil?Well it`s the only cat in the country with his own oil co!!!new build 003.jpg

WKDOR

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Welsh Marches
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice.

There's another six potential candidates in For Sale.

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice.

There's another six potential candidates in For Sale.
I did look at those,but lack of space for storing and already having a rake of 4 tank cars I don`t really need anymore,I only brought this one as I didn`t want the trip down to GRS to be a total waste of time and had to come home with something but thanks for the thought;)

lyctus

Registered
12 Dec 2019
Duncraig, Western Australia
Best answers
Hey Riograndad, nice job on the tank car. It looks like it is ready for revenue service and I guess the paint shop job will start to to fade and stain with day to day hard work.. But at least the directors will then be purring as the balance sheet reflect a healthy cash flow !
Otis reckons the next tank car should be a glass lined milk tanker ......