Projections and railroads!

MaximDeDonder

Registered
24 Apr 2018
Lokeren
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all

I wonder if anyone of you had the idea to combine a projector with you're model railroad. If you have, post it below!

I created some fireworks with a very simple and cheap beamer (projector), I think the effect is magical at night:

Last edited:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hm not sure what you are takking about but understand that it is about the fireworks effect, they do look very good. But to me a beamer is a BMW car, google did not really help. Must be an age thing to me?

MaximDeDonder

Registered
24 Apr 2018
Lokeren
Best answers
Country flag
Hm not sure what you are takking about but understand that it is about the fireworks effect, they do look very good. But to me a beamer is a BMW car, google did not really help. Must be an age thing to me?
Beamer is just another word for projector. Used by non-native English speakers that speak German or Dutch. ;)

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Country
Paraguay
Best answers
Country flag
i like it.
what?

a young man playing with trains.
what i could see of the layout. (many, many pics would be very welcome)
the projecting idea.

i'm a boomer, not a beamer. so i need an explanation.
did you project the fireworks from the front, or from behind with a transparent screen?

Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Now that's taking it to another level - I rather like it :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Great effects, they really do look realistic.

MaximDeDonder

Registered
24 Apr 2018
Lokeren
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the compliments folks!

what i could see of the layout. (many, many pics would be very welcome)

did you project the fireworks from the front, or from behind with a transparent screen?

Too see more of my layout (located in Belgium), see my YouTube-channel: Maxim De Donder on YouTube

The fireworks are projected in front of a wall. Because what you see as 'projection screen' is the wall of my shed.

Greetings!