dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hello all, having got help with fixing a Lok Sound decoder I wondered if anyone can help with the Dietz that we are having trouble with. The Sound only decoder has been added to a Black LGB Corpet which has its original LGB Decoder Board still fitted. Currently it runs OK but the Dietz decoder only made Hissing noises, I changed the CV's to match those on the Loc Sound Decoder that I was having problems with. It now just constantly Clangs the bell!

If my memory serves me well, the original Dietz that I had fitted by Glendale (to my hartz LGB 2-6-2t) has to be programmed separately but with a motor coupled up to prevent some sort of nastiness happening. What I think I would like if anyone has it, is a list (or where to find a list) of the settings that should be applied and perhaps some recommendation of what to change.

Thanks is anticipation,
JonD

bunnyrabbit03

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
Which Dietz decoder do you have? If yours is connected to the loco decoder via the SUSI interface, you can simply programme it with the loco on the prgramming track. The default CVs are available under http://www.d-i-e-t-z.de, < Link To www.d-i-e-t-z.de click on 'download' and then click on the instructions for the decoder you have, most likely a micro XS.

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
I'm interested to know what Dietz decoder you actually have fitted.

I don't see how it could be a SUSI sound only one since LGB decoders dont have a SUSI interface to connect it too.

I've got several of the Dietz SUSI sound only decoders so I could probably help it it was one of those types.