PROBLEM FITTING ESU LOKSOUND DECODER TO ARISTOCRAFT RDC1

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
I would have thought that plug and play would have been simple, having wired the decoder to the appropriate pins..... but no !
My ESU Loksound Programmer cannot read some of the CVs and trying to program a sound is frustrating, to say the least.
I am not sure whether the internal circuitry of the RDC is causing conflicts with the ESU but the Progarmmer cannot recognise the decoder. I have substituted another decoder but this behaves the same.

Any thoughts ?

Dtsteam

G Scale, Travel, Steam Boats, Mechanical Music
24 Oct 2009
Preston
Best answers
Country flag

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Ensure that the sounds, lights and smoke are switched off before you try to program any decoder as programming modules are not designed to provide large amounts of power.

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
Thanks for your suggestions. Having fitted the decoder the internal circuitry interferes with the decoder from time to time and the lights flicker even when standing still. Thees boards have been removed and I have wired the lights, smoke unit and loudspeaker direct to the decoder, which works fine.

I am now removing the frosted windows and making an interior with lighting suspended from the roof, throwing out the awful cheap cardboard reflector which has been stuck with huge amounts of hot-melt glue