Présentation de Johan & Pirlouit

Johan & Pirlouit

Registered
22 May 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag
Good evening everyone and thank you for welcoming me to this forum.
My name is Johan, I am Belgian and I live in France. My nickname comes from a comic strip by Peyo, the father of the Smurfs.
I discovered the garden train in 2020. I then bought an LGB starter set and some track coupons.
So I installed a small temporary circuit.
IMG_20200424_175023F1.jpg
Unfortunately, serious health problems kept me away from model trains as well as garden maintenance. Three years of neglect have transformed the garden into a virgin forest.
As my health gradually returned, I decided to get back into railway modeling (I also do 00 and 009). After I take care of restoring the garden, I will reinstall a temporary network.
I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate. Please excuse any grammatical and syntactic errors.
Good evening to all.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Johan....

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure your posts will be understood, and we look forward to seeing more of your model railway. You'll get all the advice you need here, but don't worry too much about the jokes, we do not understand some of them either!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Johan good luck with the restoration of your garden line.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Good evening everyone and thank you for welcoming me to this forum.
My name is Johan, I am Belgian and I live in France. My nickname comes from a comic strip by Peyo, the father of the Smurfs.
I discovered the garden train in 2020. I then bought an LGB starter set and some track coupons.
So I installed a small temporary circuit.
View attachment 327809
Unfortunately, serious health problems kept me away from model trains as well as garden maintenance. Three years of neglect have transformed the garden into a virgin forest.
As my health gradually returned, I decided to get back into railway modeling (I also do 00 and 009). After I take care of restoring the garden, I will reinstall a temporary network.
I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate. Please excuse any grammatical and syntactic errors.
Good evening to all.
Welcome from North Yorkshire. You made a good start with your original layout and if you get yout temporary layout down as soon as possible, it will encourage you in clearing away "the forest" - one square metre of forest cleared followed by 20 circuits of the train on the layout say.

Last edited:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard, Johan.

You will find a friendly group here on our forum. We are always ready to give advice and we love pictures.

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Bonjour monsieur, Bienvenue sur le forum, heureux que votre santé soit meilleure et que vous puissiez profiter du grand air, Google Translate est l'une des seules choses autres que Google Maps pour lesquelles je félicite GOGGLE ! (i use it all the time...... sadly with the "convenience" of the internet my language skills are still left in my old school classroom.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Les autres ont déjà dits les chose les plus important sauf qu'il ne faut jamais avoir peur de demander un question, même si vous le croire idiot. Ce n'est jamais le cas et ici vous avez un ressource incroyable d'information. Et des mauvaise blagues.
Par curiosité vos êtes ou en France? ly a d'autres membres aussi en France et moi je suis au Luxembourg.

The others already said the most important things except do not be afraid to ask a question even if you believe it to be foolish. This is never the case and here you have an incredible resource of information. And bad jokes.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Johan, and I am sure your English is better than my (insert any language ;))

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Les autres ont déjà dits les chose les plus important sauf qu'il ne faut jamais avoir peur de demander un question, même si vous le croire idiot. Ce n'est jamais le cas et ici vous avez un ressource incroyable d'information. Et des mauvaise blagues.
Par curiosité vos êtes ou en France? ly a d'autres membres aussi en France et moi je suis au Luxembourg.

The others already said the most important things except do not be afraid to ask a question even if you believe it to be foolish. This is never the case and here you have an incredible resource of information. And bad jokes.
The Walloons are taking over, All hail the Walloons... Hee hee hee :yum::yum::yum::tongueout: ( I have probably insulted several people here with my ignorance) BUT I DO LOVE FRITES ! I OFTEN DAYDREAM OF BELGIAN FRITES AND KETCHUP IN A CONE ! and starting my own little cafe here in Shropshire with a G scale train running around it....The big decision would be...." is it based on a German sausage cafe or Belgium Frites shop" (french fries for our american friends across the pond)

Friterie - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

Bien, c'est vrai....

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
The big decision would be...." is it based on a German sausage cafe or Belgium Frites shop"
Do they not know delicacies such as suasage and chips down your way? :giggle:

Mes excuses Johan mes les rosbifs ne connais que peux de l'art de la cuisine.

Gérard Baudoin

Registered
13 Jan 2021
Bretagne - France -Europe
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome from Brittany ...

Bienvenue dans un monde international qui ne connaît pas de crises: le train de jardin.

j'adore la cuisine anglaise et mon meilleur souvenir de Belgique est un plat de moules / frittes à Coxide, sur la plage avec les cousins de ma femme!

(welcome in a crisis less world: garden train. I dig English cooking and my best souvenir is a huge mussel/french fries plate on the beach in Coxide with Belgian family!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Johan,

Welcome
You will be pampered here, with a lot of valuable tips.
I remember about Pirlouit95 who discussed about Playmobil train and his beautiful "mini reseau HOe" :wasntme:
Sorry to hear about bad moments but glad to see you again and to discover your very nice layout.

Johan & Pirlouit

Registered
22 May 2024
France
Best answers
Country flag
Bonjour Johan,

Accueillir
Vous serez chouchouté ici, avec de nombreux conseils précieux.
Je me souviens de Pirlouit95 qui parlait du train Playmobil et de son magnifique "mini réseau HOe":ce n'était pas moi:
Désolé d'entendre parler de mauvais moments mais heureux de vous revoir et de découvrir votre très belle mise en page.
Bonjour Xav204.
Sur quel forum nous sommes nous connus?

Jasper

Hey, I'm only being creative here!
11 Mar 2017
The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
I remember a comic in Dutch, called "Johan en Pirrewiet". C'est la même, n'est-ce pas?

JGDURAND

Registered
28 Aug 2013
Chatellerault France
Best answers
Country flag
Bienvenue à toi