PPPssst want to see some steamy pic's?

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Trains of course!! had a little early evening steam up yesterday here are the results, and not very good either!! I tried to get some movement and steam into the pictures but trying to operate a steam Loco with one hand and camera in t'other is bloody impossable...........

!st up is Queen Fluff survying her kingdom............
0c68035a40194857a3d1e5173cd9c82a.jpg
483ea4a13acc4125b6a0d59f44646152.jpg
cf1ad4e5d0a84b7baecad640122886db.jpg
85bbd22a99c4431bb7684a96ffec2f36.jpg
ad2a556e3cce492cbb3dc90528f355a1.jpg

Mez

Registered
30 Mar 2010
Oxfordshire
Best answers
Nice One
Like the top left photo
Would look good in a frame .
How long you had it going,looks nice and mature

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Mez said:
Nice One
Like the top left photo
Would look good in a frame .
How long you had it going,looks nice and mature
Railway has been going on over 10 years now..............Blimey don't time fly! and it's still not finished!!

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
PPPssst want to see some steamy pic's
I'll just remind you this is a family forum.

Oh very well i'll chance one eye then:D:clap:

Looks very good Paul. Nice and mature

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
So good I'll use the other eye now:happy:

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
minimans said:
trying to operate a steam Loco with one hand and camera in t'other is bloody impossable...........
Ah, well, over here we have these modern gadgets called tripods and remote-releases. They should filter there way over to your side of the pond within the next couple of centuries. Develop the film yourself? :D
Does look good though, 3rd from last gets my vote :clap: not like my immediate post-war local scene. A bombsite. As the town is on the frontier with Germany with not one but two bridges there was some serious clobbering taken from both sides. My railway is a pretty close representation. :rofl:

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
pugwash said:
minimans said:
trying to operate a steam Loco with one hand and camera in t'other is bloody impossable...........
Ah, well, over here we have these modern gadgets called tripods and remote-releases. They should filter there way over to your side of the pond within the next couple of centuries. Develop the film yourself? :D
Does look good though, 3rd from last gets my vote :clap: not like my immediate post-war local scene. A bombsite. As the town is on the frontier with Germany with not one but two bridges there was some serious clobbering taken from both sides. My railway is a pretty close representation. :rofl:

I have the tripod its trying to frame the picture as it steams past!!............ I took a lot of pictures with half a train in them..............
Funny story about developing them myself, black and white was a doddle but colour? I'm colour blind and I used to have to get the wife to inspect..................................

Sounds like you live a bridge too far mate.............................I know, hat, coat
Mind you throw a few tanks in there and you'd really have a scene!!!!!!!

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Your pics are brilliant Paul , i guess this has been asked a thousand times but what is the plant on the banking on pic 4 please , looks really nice.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
minimans said:
I have the tripod its trying to frame the picture as it steams past!!............ I took a lot of pictures with half a train in them..............
oh the joys of a camera that takes 6 fps :D
Funny story about developing them myself, black and white was a doddle but colour? I'm colour blind and I used to have to get the wife to inspect..................................
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Mind you throw a few tanks in there and you'd really have a scene!!!!!!!
There you go, giving me ideas. Hmmmm :clap:

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Steve said:
Your pics are brilliant Paul , i guess this has been asked a thousand times but what is the plant on the banking on pic 4 please , looks really nice.
Oh at least a thousand times mate!! it's Baby tears (Soleirolia soleirolii) I fink that's i talian mate.........................