Point construction

Mikado

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Best answers
Having seen the superb scissors crossover made by Mr Spock I fancy having a go at point construction,I have the hardwood sleepers/ties and Aristocraft rail but need track spikes. Does anyone know of a UK supplier of these items?
thanks in advance
Mikado

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Not so much track spikes but sleepers, rail and chairs for G scale can be brought from Tenmille'

http://www.tenmille.com/GScaleTrack.html
Tenmille G scale rail is code 332, but the foot is narrower compared to LGB/PIKO/ART/USAT.

It can be joined to other makes using their GS011 fishplates, or you could use railclamps if you file the wider foot of the 'standard' rail to that of the Tenmille, as Neil Robinson has.

The layout at Ipswich Transport Museum uses this track (although the points are LGB, joined with GS011 as above) and it works fine with LGB profile wheels....

Granitechops

Narrow Gauge 1/12th scale on 45mm</br>Quarrying &
24 Oct 2009
Sunny Devon Uk
Best answers
But before you buy in bulk, check your rolling stock wheels will actually run without hitting the chairs/ spikes

theres a running track near me with some 10mill rail that my stainz will bump along

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Granitechops said:
But before you buy in bulk, check your rolling stock wheels will actually run without hitting the chairs/ spikes

theres a running track near me with some 10mill rail that my stainz will bump along

Sounds like the Tenmille rail used for Gauge One Don? It has a lower rail profile than thier g Scale stuff.

If Mikado buys the G Scale rail components, rather than the Gauge 1 or 16mm ones, then he'll be fine.... (Their G scale has GSxxx part numbers.)