Playmobil

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
My grandchildren like to run my trains. The little guy also likes to play with my trains, so I have slightly altered two LGB Toytrain passenger cars to keep hime happy. I have some Playmobil figures that he likes to play with. He wants to place them on the seats of the passenger cars but they slide off. So I glued a thin piece of metal to some of the seat backs and inserted a small magnet into the backs of the figures. He should be good to go now.

IMG_6845.jpgIMG_6846.jpgIMG_6847.jpgIMG_6848.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
A great idea, and those blue Toy Train coaches are beautiful.

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Now we know why Playmobil is so popular..

It is their magnetic personalities.. It makes them more attractive! ;):giggle::giggle:

Reactions: 1 user

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Do they sit back to back because they find each other repellent....

David

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Do they sit back to back because they find each other repellent....

David

Good one Dave. Actually, none of the figures are back to back. It wasn't intentional. Those little rare earth magnets are pretty strong, so I wonder if they would repeal one another through the seat backs. That is if I had them the wrong way in the figures.

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
I wonder if you could fit the magnets inside the body somehow and still have the same effect without having the magnet visible.

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Best answers
Country flag
Those are great ideas! I always find that in storage all the figures move around in the coach. Sure they hold on to the grab rails, but that is about it....

James

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The Playmobil cars are great for letting children play with the Playmobil figures. And easy to uncouple as the couplers uncouple when pushing down the tab on the top of the coupler.

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
The Playmobil cars are great for letting children play with the Playmobil figures. And easy to uncouple as the couplers uncouple when pushing down the tab on the top of the coupler.

A problem with those couplers is that if your track dips or bumps vertically, the weighted variety can uncouple themselves. I've found that adding rubber bands can help.