Plastic building remove of use silicon etc

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Eveing in the gale winds we have had a loco shed has been flatten, I have washed the bits with warm soapy water but it doesn't get the glues etc loose, what can I use as I intend to re-build it Les

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi so can u post a picture?...see what i can do...

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Thick super glue and then seam the inside corners with builders mastic (frame sealant or silicone - not grab adhesive - that falls off).

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Dinas Bryn said:
Eveing in the gale winds we have had a loco shed has been flatten, I have washed the bits with warm soapy water but it doesn't get the glues etc loose, what can I use as I intend to re-build it Les

Les if the silicone won't rub off with your thumb you can use a remover which comes in a tube, available from most DIY outlets BUT I would test it first where it dosen't matter just in case it attacks the plastic/resin.

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
The silcon/glue mix is very hard and I have tried to remove it by warm soupy water and a stanley knife with some luck, perhaps I have pva as well. Les

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Dinas Bryn said:
The silcon/glue mix is very hard and I have tried to remove it by warm soupy water and a stanley knife with some luck, perhaps I have pva as well. Les

If it's hard it must be something other than silicone.

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Many thanks for your help, I don't have a dremel and its a bit late to put it on my Christmas list( not that I have one) but my birthday is in early Jan Thanks Les

peterbunce

1880's Colorado Narrow gauge on 45mm track
29 Oct 2009
east of manchester
Best answers
Hi

A close copy of a Dremel is available from B&Q and also other shops including LIDL or Aldi, at much better prices.

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Hi I might have a razor plane some were, I'll ask my son Keith to have a look for a drill, I bought a Bosch small drill but it has the wrong type of fitting for mornal drills etc, we were looking at a attachment in B&Q last week so perhaps thats what I'll do Les