Place is going to the birds

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Useable size buildings can be found in the most unusual places: Found this bird feeder at a garage sale for $2.00, little paint and some props and had a small train stop with 4 businesses in it. Added chicken grit ( crushed granite ) to the base for weight and looks. It was built by Artline and is labeled as " 6280 wild west bird feeder" and the last I know of it was sold by QVC but don't think it is in production any longer. I've seen several buildings on eBay claiming to be Pola or some other brand but it's hard to hide the holes in the roof that the hanger strings go through and the trough at the bottom for the bird seed. Northern States makes a line of building bird feeders in their village collection, small but very well detailed w/colors and sometimes you can find them on sale. I call this spot Bird Feeder Junction and caught up with it when the crew from ORF company stopped for hair cuts and ammo. Good luck hunting, Billartline barbershop with old # 7.JPGartline general store and gunsmith.JPGartline bird feeder old # 7 passing birdfeeder out post.JPGartline tobacco store.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Useable size buildings can be found in the most unusual places: Found this bird feeder at a garage sale for $2.00, little paint and some props and had a small train stop with 4 businesses in it. Added chicken grit ( crushed granite ) to the base for weight and looks. It was built by Artline and is labeled as " 6280 wild west bird feeder" and the last I know of it was sold by QVC but don't think it is in production any longer. I've seen several buildings on eBay claiming to be Pola or some other brand but it's hard to hide the holes in the roof that the hanger strings go through and the trough at the bottom for the bird seed. Northern States makes a line of building bird feeders in their village collection, small but very well detailed w/colors and sometimes you can find them on sale. I call this spot Bird Feeder Junction and caught up with it when the crew from ORF company stopped for hair cuts and ammo. Good luck hunting, BillView attachment 242533View attachment 242534View attachment 242535View attachment 242536
this side of the Pond we get varying types of Bird Feeders that work as buildings, but mostly they are made of Wood and do not have a long life. Must look out more to see if any of different construction appear at the Pound Shops. But that means shopping a hell that I try to avoid unless I need to!

Reactions: 1 user

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
That looks like a hard-working/hard-worked loco! :clap: