Piko V60

CastleBarrie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, it is a superb model. Good detail; smashing paint finish etc. and runs like a sewing machine ! I am very pleased with mine. Got it from Jeremy - excellent service. My only criticism is the driver who looks all too familiar. His twin brothers are driving my big red diesel and my railcar set !

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
tim at arcaddia has these in stock now :)

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Any idea of Arcadias Price Mike??

Whats he got in is it just the analogue Red version?

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
Any one got any photos yet, Seriously considering one for another paint job, in BR green so it looks like a class 07- class 14 mash up. can any one get a photo next to other rolling stock for size comparison?

Many thanks

Dave

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
Steve Warrington has one for sale at Back2bay6, lovely looking loco

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
heres a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfNFVlyl-jY

Netty

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leyland, Lancashire
Best answers
I looked at one at Arcadia last week. They are really nice and would look brill' in BR green. I offered it up to some LGB stock and it is a little bigger. I would have imagined running it with my V52 fleet but I am sure it would look too tall next to them but if you ran it not next to them it woul be excellent (rule 8 wins)

Tim also has all three of the new piko coaches in now. I would like to see some in the garden here first but am very tempted with one of each.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I would think that if the V60 is a good runner, much will be to do with the additional pickups. I looked at the Video and like the LGB Rack Electric Loco (which is much better than the average 4 wheel LGB loco for running) it has 2 Track Pickups on each side. Well done Piko. I do wonder though if it will have problems with the wheels, I had to clean mine on my 218 to get loads of crud off. Now she is a great runner (Touch wood).
JonD

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Netty - 15/11/2009 9:34 AM

I looked at one at Arcadia last week. They are really nice and would look brill' in BR green. I offered it up to some LGB stock and it is a little bigger. I would have imagined running it with my V52 fleet but I am sure it would look too tall next to them but if you ran it not next to them it woul be excellent (rule 8 wins)

Tim also has all three of the new piko coaches in now. I would like to see some in the garden here first but am very tempted with one of each.

The Harz line runs some standard gauge deisels (regauged to fit) and they are huge next to the other stock - so a prototype for everything. :D

Link to photo http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/display/5951171

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
stockers - 15/11/2009 11:03 AM

The Harz line runs some standard gauge diesels (regauged to fit) and they are huge next to the other stock - so a prototype for everything. :D

Crikey! Honey - I shrunk the train. :eek:

bunnyrabbit03

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
The wheels on these new locos come without the coating (as do the ones on the stand-alone BR 80). Should run straight out of the box now.

The coaches by the way are superb. I bought the 1st/2nd class and the baggage one and they are excellent. They are heavy and with the articulated centre wheel run very smoothly even through tight curves. Very tempted by the V60 now :D

bunnyrabbit03

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
whatlep - 15/11/2009 12:50 PM

stockers - 15/11/2009 11:03 AM

The Harz line runs some standard gauge diesels (regauged to fit) and they are huge next to the other stock - so a prototype for everything. :D

Crikey! Honey - I shrunk the train. :eek:

The V60 is big/tall even on standard gauge lines. Have a look here:

http://www.spassbahn.de/attachment.php?id=39556

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
bunnyrabbit03 - 15/11/2009 1:01 PM
The coaches by the way are superb. (snip) They are heavy and with the articulated centre wheel run very smoothly even through tight curves.

How are they on uneven track or negotiating changes of gradient? The German magazine Gartenbahn Profi reported minor issues with the centre wheel on vertically uneven track and some pointwork (though they did thoroughly praise the coaches).

[edited for spulling]

Radish Bahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Meaford, Canada
Best answers
Wow. I haven't seen the 3 axle coaches before but they look very nice. Does anybody know how they compare in size to the LGB 2nd class DB coaches?

bunnyrabbit03

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
whatlep - 15/11/2009 2:25 PM

bunnyrabbit03 - 15/11/2009 1:01 PM
The coaches by the way are superb. (snip) They are heavy and with the articulated centre wheel run very smoothly even through tight curves.

How are they on uneven track or negotiating changes of gradient? The German magazine Gartenbahn Profi reported minor issues with the centre wheel on vertically uneven track and some pointwork (though they did thoroughly praise the coaches).

[edited for spulling]

I have not tried them outside yet. The centre wheel has a weight, though, and has some vertical play, so I do not know think it will be a problem (although I read the same article you read, so I will test them outside soon). In the YouTube video they looked absolutely fine, though.

bunnyrabbit03

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
Radish Bahn - 15/11/2009 2:27 PM

Wow. I haven't seen the 3 axle coaches before but they look very nice. Does anybody know how they compare in size to the LGB 2nd class DB coaches?

They are (roughly) the same height as a Harz 2-6-2 and blend in very well (if you are prepared to mix narrow and standard gauge, of course :D).

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
bunnyrabbit03 - 15/11/2009 3:48 PM

Pictures for size comparison:

Mmmm - looking good! :D Think I might tone down the "plasticness" of the steps, but otherwise looks a fine piece of kit. Thanks for the pics.