Piko track cleaner now with remote?

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
From Piko 38506 - Diesellok GE 25-Ton, Gleisreinigungslok, Ep.III-VI, Batteriebetrieb

Model Railway Shop elriwa, New 2019 - Piko 38506 - Diesel locomotive GE 25-tone, track cleaning locomotive, Ep.III-VI, battery operation G gauge 4015615385066 Diesel locomotive GE 25-tone track cleaning locomotive R / C for battery operation
The popular GE 25-tone now also with R / C remote control. Every locomotive comes with a transmitter. The associated receiver is integrated for uncomplicated control of the locomotive ex works. A total of 10 radio channels are available, so that several locomotives can run in parallel. Highlights: Jerk-free switching of the speeds. Range over 20 meters. "

Reactions: 1 user

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
341,99 € *
Prices incl

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Oh that will pee off some of the earlier buyers, but perhaps they will not be too upset when looking at the revised price. I reckon with the price I paid for my Track Powered one, to Batteryise it with Sound and RC will have cost around a similar amount to the 341€'s.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yep, on another forum someone complained about having the added R/C implying extra cost.... I responded that it probably only added $3... looks like it was free!

Greg
That reminds me of the same issues when LGB started adding Chips to all of their Locomotives, added little to the cost and made them run better on Analogue. But it never stopped the wingers making LGB change direction.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I followed the links, but you just get the same information..

Long-shot, but it looks like a dealer 'adding value' with a cheapy RC setup??
Only ten different channels, and no other information.. If this was a puka Piko (see what I did there? ;) ) offering, I would expect more information..
'Pre-order' suggest to me, they want to know how many RC sets to order?? :think::think:

<edit>
OK I am wrong.. It IS a Piko rel;ease.. Interesting it is switchable track / battery. - I wonder if 'track' bypasses the RC as well?? :think:

Last edited:
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
nope, the R/C is from the factory... check the piko site.... google translated:

- novelty 2019 -

The popular GE 25-tone in the version of the US railway company SF now also with R / C radio remote control. Every locomotive comes with a transmitter. The associated receiver is integrated for uncomplicated control of the locomotive ex works. A total of 10 radio channels are available, so that several locomotives can run in parallel. Highlights: Jerk-free switching of the speeds. Range over 20 meters. Switching between battery and track voltage operation is possible. PIKO has implemented the model of the small GE 25-tone in detail and lovingly. The design convinces with the finest paintwork and printing, a prototypical filigree yet robust overall appearance and can be used in the garden railroad area versatile. The PIKO model has precision-made wheelsets and a very reliable power take-off from the track. The tiny Rangierhobel will find many friends among the Spielbahnenern and collectors in view of the "cuddly" appearance and the excellent price-performance ratio.

In the stem of the locomotive is an easily accessible battery compartment for a total of 6x AAA batteries / rechargeable batteries (not included).

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah a real Piko model...perhaps one can tell by the squiffy 'radio equipped' decal....;)

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Range - over 20 metres? I should blinking well hope so.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Well, it's small and cheap... and effectively "free" so 20 meters is pretty much expected... would not be surprised it is in one of the "shared" frequency bands... like garage door openers...

Greg

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Oh yeah! Our old Zenith... made my dad crazy! He would have to "go all the way around" the dial to get his station back.

Next Generations: Space Command (1956)

Zenith’s Dr. Robert Adler suggested using “ultrasonics,” that is, high-frequency sound, beyond the range of human hearing. He was assigned to lead a team of engineers to work on the first use of ultrasonics technology in the home as a new approach for a remote control.

The transmitter used no batteries; it was built around aluminum rods that were light in weight and, when struck at one end, emitted distinctive high-frequency sounds. The first such remote control used four rods, each approximately 2-1/2 inches long: one for channel up, one for channel down, one for sound on and off, and one for on and off.

They were very carefully cut to lengths that would generate four slightly different frequencies. They were excited by a trigger mechanism that stretched a spring and then released it so that a small hammer would strike the end of the aluminum rod.

Quarter Century of Ultrasonic Remotes

The original Space Command remote control was expensive because an elaborate receiver in the TV set, using six additional vacuum tubes, was needed to pick up and process the signals. Although adding the remote control system increased the price of the TV set by about 30 percent, it was a technical success and was adopted in later years by other manufacturers.

The ultrasonic device was developed quickly, with the design phase beginning in 1955. Called “Zenith Space Command,” the remote went into production in the fall of 1956.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Oh yeah! Our old Zenith... made my dad crazy! He would have to "go all the way around" the dial to get his station back.

Next Generations: Space Command (1956)

Zenith’s Dr. Robert Adler suggested using “ultrasonics,” that is, high-frequency sound, beyond the range of human hearing. He was assigned to lead a team of engineers to work on the first use of ultrasonics technology in the home as a new approach for a remote control.

The transmitter used no batteries; it was built around aluminum rods that were light in weight and, when struck at one end, emitted distinctive high-frequency sounds. The first such remote control used four rods, each approximately 2-1/2 inches long: one for channel up, one for channel down, one for sound on and off, and one for on and off.

They were very carefully cut to lengths that would generate four slightly different frequencies. They were excited by a trigger mechanism that stretched a spring and then released it so that a small hammer would strike the end of the aluminum rod.

Quarter Century of Ultrasonic Remotes

The original Space Command remote control was expensive because an elaborate receiver in the TV set, using six additional vacuum tubes, was needed to pick up and process the signals. Although adding the remote control system increased the price of the TV set by about 30 percent, it was a technical success and was adopted in later years by other manufacturers.

The ultrasonic device was developed quickly, with the design phase beginning in 1955. Called “Zenith Space Command,” the remote went into production in the fall of 1956.

I bet the family dog just LOVED that...... ;)

Jon.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Just found a video, was surprised at the frequencies it used, 37, 38 and 48 kHz ... higher that I thought.... pretty sure dogs cannot hear that ... but looked it up, ... wow, dogs can typically hear 67 to 45,000 Hz.... yep, pretty sure dog would not have liked it! Apparently the higher the freq, the more it bothers a dog.

Learned something today!

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Is that why there is a distinctive "click" when someone changes the tv channel in those older US films.?