Piko G Scale European Compendium, 2007-2022, David J Miller

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
If you are reading this and think to yourself that the name David Miller is familiar, you'd be right because the compiler of this book is none other than Dave (Idle Marvel) Miller of this board.

Ask anyone in the UK to name a manufacturer of garden railway or G gauge products, the chances must be almost 100% that they would say, "LGB". Ask them then, "But what about Piko?", the chances are probably quite high that they would say something like, "Don't they just do OO and N and a bit of O gauge?", thinking you mean Peco. Dave's book goes some way to redress this problem as in 200 pages he brings together all the European sets, locomotives and rolling stock produced between 2007 and 2022 by Piko with illustrations from the Piko catalogues of the times, together with details of initial release dates and prices and other information. In addition, Dave gives a brief history of Piko's involvement with G gauge and the difference between their approach to the product and that of LGB. Whether you are an owner of Piko products or not, this book is well worth adding to your shelves to widen your knowledge of what is available in the world of G gauge railways.

BTW, I have no connection with Dave other than through this forum.

Attachments

• Miller Piko front.jpg
    Miller Piko front.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
  • Miller Piko back.jpg
    Miller Piko back.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 users

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
If you are reading this and think to yourself that the name David Miller is familiar, you'd be right because the compiler of this book is none other than Dave (Idle Marvel) Miller of this board.

Ask anyone in the UK to name a manufacturer of garden railway or G gauge products, the chances must be almost 100% that they would say, "LGB". Ask them then, "But what about Piko?", the chances are probably quite high that they would say something like, "Don't they just do OO and N and a bit of O gauge?", thinking you mean Peco. Dave's book goes some way to redress this problem as in 200 pages he brings together all the European sets, locomotives and rolling stock produced between 2007 and 2022 by Piko with illustrations from the Piko catalogues of the times, together with details of initial release dates and prices and other information. In addition, Dave gives a brief history of Piko's involvement with G gauge and the difference between their approach to the product and that of LGB. Whether you are an owner of Piko products or not, this book is well worth adding to your shelves to widen your knowledge of what is available in the world of G gauge railways.

BTW, I have no connection with Dave other than through this forum.
Indeed I am that man. I got my first royalty check from Amazon the other day - a massive £5! :cool:

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Duly purchased. Well done Dave, magnificent effort.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Finally got round to ordering my copy from Amazon, enjoy the commission.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Mine arrived just now, very good service from Amazon. A quick glance shows how little Piko are interested in Narrow Gauge with only the 6 wheel Kamel being shown. Other products have convertible buffers, my ref 37500 218 had them. Not sure how many other products came so equipped. Nice to have book for reference.

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
can you buy anywhere else other than Amazon, Im afraid Im one of the stubbon Gwitzs who refuse to use the services of the tax avoiding "Evil" shopping and website empire for many reasons. I know its a good way to self publish so get that. Im a slight Piko fan myself and so often think of getting the Roncarli RC set. Good luck withthe book

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
can you buy anywhere else other than Amazon, Im afraid Im one of the stubbon Gwitzs who refuse to use the services of the tax avoiding "Evil" shopping and website empire for many reasons. I know its a good way to self publish so get that. Im a slight Piko fan myself and so often think of getting the Roncarli RC set. Good luck withthe book
Only available on Amazon I'm afraid. If you live on UK mainland I can order one and post it to you. PM me if interested.