Piko DCC

Marcus Amison

Registered
5 Jul 2021
Le100tn
Best answers
Country flag
Hi.
I have recently purchased the Piko DCC system with the 35011 navigator. I would like to add another handset, but finding it difficult finding another 35011, or it’s Massoth equivalent, so my best option is to buy its replacement, the 35017. What I’m not sure about is would it be possible plugging 2 receivers into the 35010 base unit via a splitter, and could you then operate both handsets at the same time? Any suggestions would be appreciate.
cheers.

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Marcus - You bought the older non- 2.4GHz Navigator and Receiver. You can use multiple Piko or Massoth Navigators with one Receiver connected to the Piko Command Station but they all must be on the same frequency as your current Navigator and Receiver. It would have been best if you had bought the current Piko or Massoth Navigator and Receiver with their 2.4GHz frequency which are readily available. You might be able to find a used Piko or Massoth Navigator with your current unit's frequency on eBay. I checked eBay.com and eBay.de and don't see any but you can keep monitoring eBay to see if one comes up for sale.

Using a splinter to connect two Receivers to your Piko command staton doesn't seem viable to me, but I'd suggest you contact Piko of America's Technical Department in San Diego CA and ask them.
Questions... Service... Support... We're here for you!
PIKO America, LLC
4610 Alvarado Canyon Road, Suite 5
San Diego CA 92120 USA
Contact Us:
support@piko-america.com
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 10:00AM - 4:00PM Pacific

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi.
I have recently purchased the Piko DCC system with the 35011 navigator. I would like to add another handset, but finding it difficult finding another 35011, or it’s Massoth equivalent, so my best option is to buy its replacement, the 35017. What I’m not sure about is would it be possible plugging 2 receivers into the 35010 base unit via a splitter, and could you then operate both handsets at the same time? Any suggestions would be appreciate.
cheers.
Ok what you appear to have is a 35011 Wireless Navi. You can of course plug this to your 35010 base station, but there as you intimate is only 1 plug for 1 handset. However as the 35011 has the ability to go wireless (manual and advertising suggests it is already wireless configured) with a 35012/22 wireless recuever this would appear your best route as additional handsets could be used.

I have gleaned this from a quick span of the Piko manuals and not considered any of the differences between the older non and newer 2.4GHz systems.

I truly doubt plugging in 2 handsets via a splitter would work but who knows?