Piko BR 64 Bubikopf - more electrification

WKDOR

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Welsh Marches
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Rhino

Not in spam here. But I have now received a test email from Phil using a different email address and forwarded all our correspondance to that one.

Here's hoping..............

Reactions: 1 user

WKDOR

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Welsh Marches
Best answers
Country flag
Status update 26/01/2019

Absolutely delighted to report that this is all now sorted.

Phil has come up trumps again and more than restored my previous confidence. Excellent advice and solid workmanship - and all beyond the call of duty.

Thank you Phil.

mike

Last edited:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
:blush:
You are welcome..

Jonben

Registered
23 Mar 2017
South Notts
Best answers
I’ve just converted my Piko V20 Diesel to battery (14.4 volts), any suggestions on how to connect the forward and reverse leds plus what size resistor would I need? Plus specification of leds if known.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I’ve just converted my Piko V20 Diesel to battery (14.4 volts), any suggestions on how to connect the forward and reverse leds plus what size resistor would I need? Plus specification of leds if known.

What RC gear are you using?

What connections do you have from your receiver spare?

Jonben

Registered
23 Mar 2017
South Notts
Best answers
Philip,
Peter Spoerers TX20, RX102, Electron 12 esc (these were original for track power remote)
From memory the receiver has connection to Esc(J6) the 3 triggers(J7) connect to mylocosound card.

Thanks.

Last edited:

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Philip,
Peter Spoerers TX20, RX102, Electron 12 esc (these were original for track power remote)
From memory the receiver has connection to Esc(J6) the 3 triggers(J7) connect to mylocosound card.

Thanks.

Wonderful!
If so, Peter had different firmware to the bog-standard. - Normally pins 6 & 7 on the Rx102 are configured to drive LED's directly, and do not need a series resistor.

I will have a word with Steve (Fosworks), and confirm 'what is where' on a Spoerer Tx20/Rx102 combination..

Jonben

Registered
23 Mar 2017
South Notts
Best answers
Phil,
Here is the diagram for Peter Spoerers Rx102.DDB71AE4-3E96-417F-AF62-E2255AD2C14B.jpeg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
What ESC are you using? with this sort of set up, there are sometimes lighting options from the ESC.

If it's a Micro Viper, you may have two leads, and all you need to do is to wire LEDs the opposite way round to each other for them to be directional - you will need to experiment in terms of which direction is which. Equally, you won't need a resistor in circuit with the micro viper ESC.

If it's a Peter Spoerer ESC, I may have some instructions in the shed :think::think:

EDIT - doh!, just gone back and found it's a Spoerer Electron - excuse me while I go and shiver in da shed :mask::mask:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Phil,
Here is the diagram for Peter Spoerers Rx102.View attachment 248497
OK, I have shivered in the shed.

Peter's Electron 12 didn't have any lighting outputs.

So, what I have done when using an Electron ESC is to take two wires from the power leads to the motor, and wire the front and rear LEDs as in the diagram here (ignore the comments about LESC as the diagram has been borrowed from a Micro Viper instruction leaflet).

As I said, it will require experimentation to get the front LED on when going forwards (you may have to swap the connections either on the motor or where you take the connections off).

You will also need to include a resistor in the feed to each LED - Phil may correct me here, but I think 330 ohm should do it .

IMG_20190209_0003.jpg

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Phil,
Here is the diagram for Peter Spoerers Rx102.

Right, let us start again...........

If that is the receiver you are using, it is NOT a Deltang Rx102, it is (probably) an Omni Rx-2H - A totally different animal.

The seventh-row of three-pins are configured to be three negative trigger outputs to drive the sound card. - IF there is a servo-style plug HORIZONTALLY on the top row of pins, it could be a Rx102, but all the bottom row of a Rx102 are -ve. and all the middle row of pins are +ve.

If you want to make things easy, you need a Fosworks MCS1 (or MCS2, if you want extra triggers as well) lighting unit. - This plugs onto the data output of the Rx-2.

Link to Omni Tx-2.0:

Fosworks OMNI-2.0

Link to MCS1:

Fosworks MCS-1

(Steve, put the cheque in the post, for the commission! :rofl: )

Otherwise, a photo or two will help.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Rhino's circuit will work, but for 14.4volts, i would use 820 ohm resistors.. - The lights will NOT be on, if the loco is stationary.

The MCS unit, the lights will be on directionally, as well as possibly under your control (off/on) from your handset.

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

If that is the receiver you are using, it is NOT a Deltang Rx102, it is (probably) an Omni Rx-2H - A totally different animal.

The seventh-row of three-pins are configured to be three negative trigger outputs to drive the sound card. - IF there is a servo-style plug HORIZONTALLY on the top row of pins, it could be a Rx102, but all the bottom row of a Rx102 are -ve. and all the middle row of pins are +ve.

If you want to make things easy, you need a Fosworks MCS1 (or MCS2, if you want extra triggers as well) lighting unit. - This plugs onto the data output of the Rx-2.

Link to Omni Tx-2.0:

Fosworks OMNI-2.0

Link to MCS1:

Fosworks MCS-1

(Steve, put the cheque in the post, for the commission! :rofl: )

Otherwise, a photo or two will help.
I think Deltang is probably still light years ahead - I've used most of them now, Brian Jones, Viper, Peter Spoerer and Deltang :nod::nod::nod:

Jonben

Registered
23 Mar 2017
South Notts
Best answers

Phil,
Not sure now whether I have Rx2 or Rx102, was an Rx102 on original order. Won’t be able to check for a week or so as loco is at the SVGR.

Jonben

Registered
23 Mar 2017
South Notts
Best answers
Phil,
Not sure now whether I have Rx2 or Rx102, was an Rx102 on original order. Won’t be able to check for a week or so as loco is at the SVGR.
Found delivery note Peter sent me the RX-2.