Pickup skate springs

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Anybody found a (cheap) source for springs without the Pickups ? not paying £10 just to get two replacement springs as I don't need to replace the pickups, tried various springs out of pens but they are too big a diameter, don't seem to have a working pen either now :D

The holes they fit in on the side of the gearbox are about 3.25 dia, so far the smallest pen spring I have found is 4.1mm dia and there is not a lot of plastic around the hole to drill them bigger.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Each to his own..
But really? - compared to the cost of a loco etc. a tenner is nothing.. You do get a pair of shiny-new skates as spares for the future as well.. ;):nod::nod:

Reactions: 1 user

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Agreed Phil. Get the tension wrong and running could be all over the place - literally!

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
Even Peco will supply spare springs for their points.

It's the need not to have to buy something you don't require.

LGB, I understand won't supply replacement springs for their manual point actuators you have to buy the complete actuator. It just seems such a waste to have to throw a large chuck of plastic away.

It's OK for people with un-limited funds.

SW

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Having made my comment above...

As I fit battery RC for various people, I can probably trip over a couple of 'second-user' springs..
Sid, PM me with an address, and I will drop a couple in the post.. Muck and grease comes free! ;):giggle::giggle:

Reactions: 1 users

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
The reason I was only going to replace the springs is the skates are brand new looking, who ever replaced then pushed the retaining plate through the spring into the gearbox body rather than above the spring and into the Body , as I am not convinced that re-fitting the skates to the Spreewald was going to cure it's rather erratic slow motion running it seemed a waste of £10 to me, so far this engine is turning into a waste of money as is, that's all.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I can get the springs from one of my suppliers (but it wont be for a little while).

Reactions: 1 user