Peter Wood's Wagons....

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Based in Doncaster, home of the LNER [big steam locos] and Roundhouse Engineering [small steam locos], Peter makes a HUGE range of name and number plates of the very highest quality and definition using the latest laser-etch technology to achieve the most minute detail imaginable. I ordered five sets of nameplates for my BIL's line whilst attending the recent Gauge 1 MRA AGM, and in spite of being snowed under by orders, there arrived a couple of weeks later. There's no point in me posting pics here - not easy with such stringent limitations on image size - so I'll point you at his excellent website instead -
www.peterwoodswagons. co.uk

and let you make your own minds up.

He states that they are suitable for attaching to all manner of models, including live-steam, which, of course, get hot. Being made of some kind of space-age acrylic material, this bothers them not a jot.

I strongly commend him and his products to you all as an excellent alternative to the rapidly decreasing number of name and number-plate makers in our hobby.

tac
OVGRS.org
G1MRA
16mm Association
G Scale Society
POCRR
Fenlandlightrailway.co.uk

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

lyctus

Registered
12 Dec 2019
Duncraig, Western Australia
Best answers
Hello TAC, an you tell me if Peter Woods Wagons is still providing a print service please?
I have emailed from the web site, but no acknowledgement to date.
Thanks, Geoff

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Well, people on the G1 FB page seem to be communicating with him, and I got a lot of work done last year for my 1/5th scale 'Harlech Castle'................I'll ask for you if you PM me with your real name.

lyctus

Registered
12 Dec 2019
Best answers
Well, people on the G1 FB page seem to be communicating with him, and I got a lot of work done last year for my 1/5th scale 'Harlech Castle'................I'll ask for you if you PM me with your real name.
Thanks Tac. My real name is Geoff Schupp, but if there is business transacting with Peter Woods Wagons, that should be OK. I think the problem is that these days we send an email and expect an almost instant response, and if we don't get it we get a bit anxious ! I sent an e-mail 6 May and that's less than a week ago....if they are busy, they will probably get around to a reply in due course...
I was chasing 'standard' stock vinyl lettering for my wagons, so should get a response I would think
Thanks for your response.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The website does not seem to have been updated since October 2018. - There are 'entries' for 2019 shows, but the dates do not seem to have been entered.
Site suggests he is not doing wagon kits, but moving over to nameplates? - A new URL (web address) is shown for that..

There is an email address, a mobile number, and a postal address.. One of those ought to get to him, and a reply, perhaps?

PhilP.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
The website does not seem to have been updated since October 2018. - There are 'entries' for 2019 shows, but the dates do not seem to have been entered.
Site suggests he is not doing wagon kits, but moving over to nameplates? - A new URL (web address) is shown for that..

There is an email address, a mobile number, and a postal address.. One of those ought to get to him, and a reply, perhaps?

PhilP.

Uh, see post #7. Or see if you can get hold of him. I can't.

lyctus

Registered
12 Dec 2019
Best answers
Good News ! I have received an e-mail from Peter Woods....he has been attending to domestic maintenance issues during COVID lockdown and only just had an opportunity to check his mail. Has sent me details of vinyl lettering which will enable me to add the finishing touches to the string of wagons I have built during isolation lockdown.