Peter Kaisan Estate Sale

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Mr Kaisan was apparently a prolific collector - my pal Jerry indicates he met Peter at Marty's and Peter bought everything that took his fancy. He recently passed and his widow has recruited some local club members to assist disposal of the collection. Sam Dimaggio is listing some of the items on MyLargeScale [or MyLiveSteam as someone called it recently.] Not sure the shipping will be palatable to the UK guys, but many items are unique and the prices are reasonable.

You may have to be signed in to see this whole thread - some folk report problems.
Peter Kaisan Estate Sale - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Mr Kaisan was apparently a prolific collector - my pal Jerry indicates he met Peter at Marty's and Peter bought everything that took his fancy. He recently passed and his widow has recruited some local club members to assist disposal of the collection. Sam Dimaggio is listing some of the items on MyLargeScale [or MyLiveSteam as someone called it recently.] Not sure the shipping will be palatable to the UK guys, but many items are unique and the prices are reasonable.

You may have to be signed in to see this whole thread - some folk report problems.
Peter Kaisan Estate Sale - myLargescale.com > Community > Forums

The prices are reasonable until they land here, then they rapidly get UNreasonable at a prodigious rate.

I recently made the mistake of buying about $20-worth of castings from Precision Scale/Ozark.

They came in a little squidgy A5 envelope, of a size and thickness that goes straight through any UK letterbox.

The 'shipping' cost $14 and the customs duty, VAT and ''handling charge' added another £20.00.

Back in 2007, my Accucraft Royal Hudson, coming direct from Accucraft in Union City CA, cost me well north of £600 to take home. Current updating £ value makes that nearly £880 now.

Good luck with those sales.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
The prices are reasonable until they land here, then they rapidly get UNreasonable at a prodigious rate.
Yes, you do have some issues in the UK. I can buy UK items pre-VAT (i.e. 18% discount) and there is no Customs Duty on import to the USA. (I think items over $1,000 are looked at, but I haven't checked. I certainly didn't pay duty on my Chaloner.)
Sam is willing to deal, and has 5 or 6 Accucraft Ruby locos plus 3 Aristocraft 0-4-0s in live steam. Even if shipping and Customs cost you dearly, it might still be a lot less than you can buy one in the UK.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
All you say is true, particularly since there are no Rubys nor Aristocraft switchers to be had over here. there was a thread going a couple of weeks ago about getting a Mikado to operate - much helped out by Greg Elmassian - THE maven.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Untitled-1.jpg

Anyone have any idea what this loco is? Sam is asking as it is in the collection.

Edit: Found it.

That website of Marc's is a gold mine. The mystery 0-4-0 is a Salem Steam Model

Last edited:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag