People

Cyclone

Registered
10 May 2011
Staffordshire UK
Best answers
Im never overly keen on people in my model world, but they do add scale and realism.

Since Im sort of 16mm, Im looking for 19th (ish) figures.

Ive looked at busybodies and I like them but their a bit pricey (13 quid each with postage).
Any other ones to look at (trawling thu google)?

Cheers

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag

adeshers

More sense than money .. more stupidity than sense
6 Nov 2009
NW Derbyshire
Best answers

Cyclone

Registered
10 May 2011
Staffordshire UK
Best answers
Those are a bit big but the others look nice, just a question of working out what the scale is.

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Both the Modeltown and Back2Bay6 figures should be sized correctly for 16mm scale, except the Modeltown 7/8ths figures which will be too big. Cyclone, be sure to check out all the Modeltown figures, I wonder if you just clicked on the first 7/8ths group.
A 9cm model would represent a 5'7" person.

Cyclone

Registered
10 May 2011
Staffordshire UK
Best answers
Have to decide between the model town and busybodies. Busybodies are actually 15 quid plus postage!

Not too good at painting anymore, but the painted ones are not too expensive.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone know who produces the figure of a guard leaning on the balcony rail of a guards' van? I've seen one in a picture of someone's railway but have no idea where or when I saw it. I looked on every stall at Llanfair to no avail. Anyone know of a source?

Rik

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
ge_rik said:
Does anyone know who produces the figure of a guard leaning on the balcony rail of a guards' van? I've seen one in a picture of someone's railway but have no idea where or when I saw it. I looked on every stall at Llanfair to no avail. Anyone know of a source?

Rik
Try Scalehumans.com.
There is a current post about their figures but they are essentially American in appearance

ceejaydee

Big Trains
29 Nov 2009
Far East of Bedfordshire
Best answers
Brandbright have a couple of ranges of 16mm resin figures that require assembly and painting between £6 and £9ish each.
Also S&D have a limited range of cast metal figures in 1/24 G.