PC PRINTER INKS

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
The ink remaining gauge on your printer page is based on the number of prints completed rather than how much ink is actually in the cartridge.

This is a good tip Ross, thanks. :clap:

Submariner

Live steam
4 Feb 2010
Telford
Best answers
I have a HP all in one, and although it is a great printer, I can usually print at least 50 more pages after the machine tells me that the black cartridge is empty! I also use replacement ink cartridges from places like 'The Ink Box' as they are less than half the price of the HP ones and I get just as many pages out of them. The only problem is, the viewing window displays a message on start up telling me that I am not using genuine HP parts and may damage the printer. Load of tosh of course as I have been using them for years with no problems, but just shows how crafty they are in trying to get you to use their inks.

Andy Worsfold

G Scale Railways</br>Disney</br>The Prisoner
24 Oct 2009
Havant
Best answers
Its normally cheaper to buy a new printer than bother with the new cartridges! Unless you have a Kodak printer of course. You can imagine having a daughter doing 2 years of photography a level what the costs in ink would be. Mind you she did get a B and I buy my inks from Asda normally!

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Must admit I've tried some of the 3rd party inkjet refills in the past, and found them to be of lesser quality (and smelly!) compared to genuine Epson and Canon inks, so for those I tend to stick to the manufacturer's brand.

Some inkjet printers like to go through a warm-up dance and head-cleaning exercise which wastes a little ink. Therefore I only turn on our colour inkjet when definitely going to be used for colour printing. The rest of the time I use a Samsung laser printer for black-and white printing, much more economical for general use.