Painting Newqida Plastic track

AddictiveBiscuit

Steam Locos, Armoured Vehicles and Aviation
13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
Best answers
PhilP said:
I wish my garden was a 'mess' like that! :( :-[ ;)

You haven't seen the rest of it.. :p I should have mentioned I'm still building the base, well mainly putting the gravel down.

AddictiveBiscuit

13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
Best answers
Sprayed a darker brown colour and painted the top of the rails, looks pretty good if you ask me.

Attachments

• rsz_img_2573.jpg
    rsz_img_2573.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 33

AddictiveBiscuit

13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
Best answers
Its something I`m thinking about it.. Here is one of the points.

Attachments

• rsz_img_2574[1].jpg
    rsz_img_2574[1].jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 28

AddictiveBiscuit

13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
Best answers
Finally got all my track painted up, this is all the track I have at the moment, although I have bought some more its just a basic loop while I wait for more track to complete the track plan I hope to make.
rsz_img_26331_zpshdojhzif.jpg

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Yep, that looks quite effective. Good job!

Tempted to do something similar with the track pack I got with my NQD set, in case I ever run it indoors again.

AddictiveBiscuit

13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
Best answers
ntpntpntp said:
Yep, that looks quite effective. Good job!

Tempted to do something similar with the track pack I got with my NQD set, in case I ever run it indoors again.

I have used Valspar Espresso Escape Matt Spray £9 from B&Q and used Revell 90 for the tops of the rails.

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
How long did the track survive the weather?
-bbbb

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
You may have the issue of the wheels picking up the paint off the rails especially with the budget spray paints. Perhaps try using automotive vinyl paint as it is thin and bonds extremely well to most plastics rather than leaving a thick jammy layer. You can even paint carpet with it. It does cost a bit though so line up all your track together so the overspray is not wasted and give each thin coat from a different angle. Limited colour range but they probably have dark brown and of course black.

The guy in the video below painted his Newqida track. Go to just after the 30 minute mark and see the paint crud on his wheels. You won't need traction tyres. :rofl:

Last edited:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Biggest worry on that review at around 31-32 minutes is what he has been using to lubricate it with. WD40 and stuff the wheels are covered in oil. Not good for a cheepo plastic train. But on the plus side he shows how robust the Tank Body is by just chucking it on the bench.