Paint your wagon (Or railbus in my case.)

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
[QUOTE="The Blue and Sludgy Mustard Railcar doing the shoving some times at a fair old lick is normally 2 Trailers and the Bodgy Power Car in the middle. Some even have Maybech Engines for you Warship Diesel fans. The book also shows a similar setup to that seen in this Vid so the original Trailers look to have been modified for use with the Diesels. The Railcar if you look carefully has Connecting Rods so I imagine that the Power Supply provides Electricity to the Units Power Bogies.

Similar central Powered Railcars are used on the Val de Nuria Spain and the Yellow Train in France, both of course Electric and there are many on the minor Swiss NG lines again Electric. We have even got into the act with the new Bi-Models for Anglia having a Central Power Unit and Trailers. These are expected to be introduced in the May Timetable.
[/QUOTE]
Found another vid of the power car with two trailers and a trailer, power car and wagon combo. It also shows the
ΔΚ 8001 steam loco in more detail.
Enjoy.
Paul.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
There's more about the line and the steam loco in this article
Steam
The line is "Bosnian" gauge (750mm) using ABT rack, but only a small section is rack, the line is mostly adhesion.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
There's more about the line and the steam loco in this article
Steam
The line is "Bosnian" gauge (750mm) using ABT rack, but only a small section is rack, the line is mostly adhesion.

(SORRY UNINTENDED TRIPLE POST, NO IDEA HOW THAT HAPPENED)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yep, looks like the bogies on the the blue /creamish railcar have a single traction motor driving two axles through connecting rods. As mentioned above the power unit probable sat between two cars, although it does appear to have lights, so it would appear to have been made to operate with one if necessary.
No sign of any driver controls on it though, which seems weird. I'd have expected at least some basic controls to move it on its own.
Anyway it's the set up I was looking for. The faller rail cars use the same 0-6-0 drive chassis as the steam and diesel engines on one end but with one end wheelset removed. On the other end they have a twin axle bogie. It's a weird and unbalanced looking set up. This give me an idea though. If I replace the middle wheelset with a crank, put a wheelset in the normally unused end position and fit connecting rods, maybe it would look more like it was meant to be like that instead of looking like it had lost a set of wheels. I'll have to give it a try and see how it looks.
As ever the Germans come to the rescue with another weird option!
View attachment 249404
Not entirely sure what line these were used on, but was certainly in former East Germany.
[/QUOTE]
Now that's pushing the envelope - the motor unit (the heavy bit) suspended, and cardan shafts to the inner carriage bogies :nerd::nerd::nerd:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
As ever the Germans come to the rescue with another weird option!
View attachment 249404
Not entirely sure what line these were used on, but was certainly in former East Germany.
Now that's pushing the envelope - the motor unit (the heavy bit) suspended, and cardan shafts to the inner carriage bogies :nerd::nerd::nerd:
[/QUOTE]
Well I do like a little bit of Thread Drift!