PAINT/SIGN REMOVAL

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Hmmmmm! :thinking: Many years ago I bought a small sand blaster that was designed to work with an air canister or air-brush compressor. It worked with all sorts of substances as blast grit. Haven't seen it for some time, but if I do spot it I'll post details.

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Arrr 'appen! You're spot on, it is a Badger 260. but you don't need to use the oxide grit. It would be far too course on plastic anyway, probably leave you with a pebbledash finish, it certainly can on brass if you wait too long. Be worth trying baking soda in it. Might need a smaller nozzle.

I would be a little wary of using b/soda in a good airbrush, if it is powerfull enough to remove paint, it will eventually wear the needle and nozzle as well.

http://www.frontiermodels.co.uk/Badger-Hobby-Abrasive-mini-Sandblaster-Set-p-18234.html

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Fo' sho brudder! I wont be trying with me Paasche. :holdon::holdon::rofl:

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
The cheapo airbrishes on ebay are classed as disposable ones. You certainly wouldn't want to use ya bestist one

Rod Fearnley

Santa Fe and Burlington Northern at amalgamation
29 Oct 2009
Mid Norfolk
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Ross if you are going to use an ordinary airbrush as opposed to a Badger 260, would it work better with out the needle inserted ?
As for Baking soda and Bi carbonate of soda being flammable, when heated both give off CO2 gas. (I believe they are the same chemical (?) ) I could'nt find any ref. to it's flammability in Google.
Rod