Onboard outrigger view of Lady Anne- valve gear etc....

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Playing this afternoon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIqGKXoIqHY

If your interested I used two steel rulers, some gaffertape, and plenty of ballast to suspend the camera. I could't go round the whole lap without fouling things- but it worked a trip on the open section!

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
CoggesRailway said:
If your interested I used two steel rulers, some gaffertape, and plenty of ballast to suspend the camera. I could't go round the whole lap without fouling things- but it worked a trip on the open section!

That's clever [strike]Gromit[/strike] Ian. :D
Towards the end of the video I thought the 'six foot' between the parallel tracks looked a bit close, you may have a bit of trouble with visiting U.S. 1:20.3 stuff.

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
U r right there Neil, things will pass, but things also bump too! As I normally only run one thing at a time that little mistake has been ok!

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Very clever indeed!

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
CoggesRailway said:
Playing this afternoon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIqGKXoIqHY

Love It! - any chance of a photo of the rig Ian?

Rob

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Shame I just took it apart rob!!

it was two steel rulers duck taped into a triangle- one taped to the top of a bachman bogie wagon (coupled behind the lgb truck in shot) and one taped to the bottom to make a triangle- I then ballasted the wagon with bits of steel- and it took a lot to get it steady- borderline bad for it i think- but it runs fine now so no harm done.

yes should have took a piccie!

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
CoggesRailway said:
Shame I just took it apart rob!!

it was two steel rulers duck taped into a triangle- one taped to the top of a bachman bogie wagon (coupled behind the lgb truck in shot) and one taped to the bottom to make a triangle- I then ballasted the wagon with bits of steel- and it took a lot to get it steady- borderline bad for it i think- but it runs fine now so no harm done.

yes should have took a piccie!

Not to worry Ian, just such a good idea.... You've inspired me to have a go with my keyfob camera - possibly try some birdseye views as well (not through the tunnel though :confused: )

Rob

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Yeh, u quickly find out how tightly you have built the guaging- I could have done more in the winter but not now the veggie patch is thriving...

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
Brilliant! An excellent angle to view from. I really enjoyed it.

Thinks: 'Now where did I put the gaffer tape? I've got some old Meccano bits somewhere as well... hmmm' :D