OldNewbie

MikeB

Registered
1 Jan 2020
E. London
Best answers
Looked at the site several times for inspiration, thought it was about time to sign up. Hi all! Done a little model making before but these are my first foray into rail modelling. Bought an LGB starter kit a very long time ago when my kids were small intending to run it round the garden. Found at that time that I couldnt afford the track to do it, so it ended up being put together once in a while in the front room. My son now has 2 boys of his own, 3 and 4 year olds so I though it about time I got on with it!! Now got a basic but at least much bigger track layout permanently in the garden and I have made a small start on trackside scenery. Everything scratch builf, not copying any REAL layouts, all make it up as I go along(apologies to the rail purists!) Got other models on the go at the same time, a 1/8th scale scratch build air portable landrover, half way there on this and then a hopefully working scale model of the Falkirk Wheel then of course years ago the obligatory dolls house for my daughter *never really did get fully finished" but for her wedding top table, I did make her a 1/12th scale grand piano which then went into the dolls house!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_140841.jpg
    IMG_20191207_140841.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20191207_142538.jpg
    IMG_20191207_142538.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20191211_115058.jpg
    IMG_20191211_115058.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 0

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the Forum..

Sounds like you are on the way to a full-blown "Railroad Empire"?
Enjoy!

PhilP.

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I did make her a 1/12th scale grand piano which then went into the dolls house!!

Mike

That sounds as if it was a key element

David

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Looked at the site several times for inspiration, thought it was about time to sign up. Hi all! Done a little model making before but these are my first foray into rail modelling. Bought an LGB starter kit a very long time ago when my kids were small intending to run it round the garden. Found at that time that I couldn't afford the track to do it, so it ended up being put together once in a while in the front room. My son now has 2 boys of his own, 3 and 4 year olds so I though it about time I got on with it!! Now got a basic but at least much bigger track layout permanently in the garden and I have made a small start on trackside scenery. Everything scratch built, not copying any REAL layouts, all make it up as I go along(apologies to the rail purists!) Got other models on the go at the same time, a 1/8th scale scratch build air portable landrover, half way there on this and then a hopefully working scale model of the Falkirk Wheel then of course years ago the obligatory dolls house for my daughter *never really did get fully finished" but for her wedding top table, I did make her a 1/12th scale grand piano which then went into the dolls house!!
Welcome to the forum. You are clearly an accomplished modeller. As far as having to copy any real layouts do not worry about that, if you have already browsed this forum you will see anything goes. If your grandchildren are anything like mine they will love your "big trains". Have fun.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Mike welcome to the forum, though as said you see to be an accomplished modeller, there is lots of help from the forum, be beware of the humour ;) ;)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi welcome to the Forum. Plenty to inspire on here.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Mike. As others have pointed out, your modeling skills are top notch.....;)