Best answers
Country flag
9cf79ff35d4d9c9b8119602460bac2bb.jpg
What do you do with old po
a115876aa3801e992de41a5078428eb3.jpg
2091535448d28f230d479eb8a1fe97cb.jpg
3a1770288557b658c65cd61bcbab3047.jpg
1056d011882792f3b3a49bbe2574e00c.jpg
la buildings that didn't quite survive a hurricane? Well I had a Wells Fargo building that was in about 7 pieces, no walls left standing and broken, missing detail parts, etc. Used the railing to put one on the hotel, used walls to make the Barn's Texaco, sand house, and building under the coaling tower, roof went to Barn's Texaco, front doors as well for the shop entrance, the top detail front part also went there to support the 2 "red" stars. Roofs for the sand house and coaling tower underbuilding came from pretty much destroyed scankit engine house. Found that the Pola buildings to be very adaptable and easy to gut with table saw or circular saw. Plastics glued very well with Model Masters plastic glue and mixing it with cut pieces to create patching material.

Reactions: 6 users

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Great stuff Bill. I gotta get up your way sometime and check all this stuff out. Great job saving the buildings

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Hey Bill . Just got my new garden railway magazine and I read your article about solar lights. That's so cool that you got published in the magazine. Really cool. I think I am going to do this to a good my buildings that are aways from my power source.

Hutch

G Gauge, Raising Peaches, Apricots
1 Feb 2012
Southwest Oklahoma, USA
Best answers
The old broken ones are the best kind. They can be totally restructured without the guilt of ruining a $100++ item and make "flats" for backgrounds and fence decor. I have a forms box of them to rework into ???

Reactions: 1 user

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Hey Bill . Just got my new garden railway magazine and I read your article about solar lights. That's so cool that you got published in the magazine. Really cool. I think I am going to do this to a good my buildings that are aways from my power source.

Yea I was a surprise, as many things that I have sent in that I thought were a lot better that never went anywhere. Same issue they also put my piece in the letter section about Garden railways magazine 35th anniversary. He called me and stated he was flattered by what I said but felt that if published people would think he was tooting his own horn, my reply was if you don't toot it nobody will, LOL guess he rethought it. It's amazing how many magazines have come and gone in 35 years. Don't know if Marc is still married but he and his wife did everything to get the mag started, she into plants and he into hand laying track, really has come a long way. Bill

Reactions: 1 user

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Yea I was a surprise, as many things that I have sent in that I thought were a lot better that never went anywhere. Same issue they also put my piece in the letter section about Garden railways magazine 35th anniversary. He called me and stated he was flattered by what I said but felt that if published people would think he was tooting his own horn, my reply was if you don't toot it nobody will, LOL guess he rethought it. It's amazing how many magazines have come and gone in 35 years. Don't know if Marc is still married but he and his wife did everything to get the mag started, she into plants and he into hand laying track, really has come a long way. Bill
I will read that too.didnt see that yet

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag

I used to enjoy the magazine when Marc had it. He lent a more personal feel to it than Kalmbach. Still, I understand his reason for selling.