Old belgian trams and trains video's

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Best answers
Country flag
I received the following link from a friend who works for the Belgian Railways. It is a black and white video and there are many more links to our "vicinaux", in case you have not seen them yet. Enjoy!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I received the following link from a friend who works for the Belgian Railways. It is a black and white video and there are many more links to our "vicinaux", in case you have not seen them yet. Enjoy!

Lovely video

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
Just so ok good. Lovely to see. Thanks

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent. I would have been nice to have one of those steam trams passing your front garden, perhaps not so nice if you like clean windows and washing!

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, 1947: when almost everyone wore a hat and (at 1:25) a jaywalker in a fine pair of co-respondent's shoes! A fascinating glimpse of the past, trams and all. Thanks for posting this -really enjoyable viewing.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
As I said previously , a great video, but it does show how dirty it was in those days. Having a steam tram passing your front door several times a day must have made the house filthy

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
As I said previously , a great video, but it does show how dirty it was in those days. Having a steam tram passing your front door several times a day must have made the house filthy
Ah but the pleasure of that puffer made it all worth while, never knew you were so house proud Paul?

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Ah but the pleasure of that puffer made it all worth while, never knew you were so house proud Paul?
I'm not really, but there are limits!

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
Talking of things Belgian check this out................:)

Piglets Lucie

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Best answers
Country flag
Do you know what NYMR stands for? Sorry for the question is it something in North Yorkshire? Do you know if they will preserve it in that livery?

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Do you know what NYMR stands for? Sorry for the question is it something in North Yorkshire? Do you know if they will preserve it in that livery?
It's the North Yorkshire Moors Railway - it's a preservation line and has a lot of locomotives from different places, although mainly UK.

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
The locomotive is privately owned by the railways engineer whose nickname is piglet. The locomotive had just been repainted in that livery.

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Best answers
Country flag
Great! I'm glad he kept the original scheme and inscriptions.