Oh, those wacky Germans... Prehm does P*rn....

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I will try to keep this post as clean as possible, given that under-18s can access the forum, and I'm CERTAINLY not posting photos.... ;)

I've just received a (plain brown!) box from Glendale, containing some new Prehm figure offerings that I ordered a little while back - including all four of the "naughty couples" that they've been promising for the last year or so!

Because no-one has actually seen these figures before release (their catalogues only show a very coy and discreet sketchy outline, like something seen through frosted glass...), I thought that a few folks here might like to know what they were like, before parting with any hard-earned for them - well, I can tell you that in a technical sense, they are very good indeed! They are beautifully sculpted (well up to Preiser standards, if not better), really nicely hand-painted (even with a bit of a flush to their cheeks....) and very - I mean VERY - accurately detailed! :eek:
Each figure pair is cleverly moulded in a single piece, so you can't separate them (and equally there is no assembly - so no worrying about getting the right peg in the right slot... sorry, I'd been quite good so far, hadn't I?) :-\

One couple is completely "au naturel", but the other three have various pieces of clothing in various degrees of disarray, implying a quick and opportunistic approach to the acts in question.....

Are they worth buying? Well, they are definitely not cheap - £30 per couple - but I can see them cropping up in very discreet places on many a layout as a little joke to reward the keen-eyed visitor. The price is high, but no worse than the best Preiser figures (and these are well up to those standards).
Size-wise, they are standard "Euro-G" and fit very well with Preiser and similar; they're probably around 1:22. The bits of clothing on some of them are generic modern - jeans etc (though mostly around ankles!) so could be used or repainted to cover most mid to late 20th century settings; only the completely nude pair would look right in anything much earlier than that.

Of course they are a gimmick - the sort of thing that the Germans love to make - but technically they are very high quality figures too.

Oh, and in the same box I got one of Prehm's Ice Cream Sellers with bicycle cart (absolutely superb!), and a set of hand-painted meals, foodstuffs and crockery also from Prehm - beautiful little stuff for restaurant cars and cafe tables - but you really don't want to hear about those, do you? ;)

I'll take the "couples" along to Chris (Mole)'s open day on Sunday - if anyone wants a furtive look, we can meet round the back of the train shed.... :eek: ;)

Jon.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
On a less frivolous note, I WILL do a quick review on the Prehm ice-cream cart and the food/crockery set if folks are interested? Those, I can show photos of!

Re the figures reviewed above, everyone has suddenly gone all shy - 44 views so far but not a single comment! ;)

Jon.

D

Deleted member 1986

Very informative and descriptive of a somewhat risque subject, great suggestion to discreetly place around the layout, be great to be a fly on the wall to hear the comments! ;)

KandNWLR

Live steam on the indoor K&NWLR
18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
I feel that a review of the ice cream cart would be in keeping with the average age of the participant on this forum :happy:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Heheh! Quite, Ross.....

Of course, you can make them more suitable for British themed layouts by simply painting socks onto the blokes.... ;)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Zerogee said:
Heheh! Quite, Ross.....

Of course, you can make them more suitable for British themed layouts by simply painting socks onto the blokes.... ;)
Don't forget the leather straps!! :eek:

I mean sandles (with the socks!) of course!!!
;) ;) :D :D :happy:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
This is the ice-cream cart and seller....

http://www.glendalejunction.co.uk/PrehmCatering.html

It's quite superb. Fully hand-painted, the cart is metal and resin and the seller plastic. Delightful model, highly recommended and not rude at all. :)

Jon.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
ROSS said:
No...but I bet they thought a lot............ :)
that would be for the same in HO/OO, a lot is left to the imagination.
Do you have a website address Jon?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Link to site,

http://www.prehmshop.de/index.php?cat=c160_Neuheiten-2013-Neuheiten-2013.html&page=2&XTCsid=313135bdbe1cdca3be0ce79e2084cbb4

Naughty ones are discretely shown in Shadow. Sorry bad boys!
JonD

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
You guys are so pc. ??? I mean just think about it within 250 metres of you ther will in all likely hood be under 18s stripped down to their sandals and socks wondering what todo next

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
The icecream tricycle reminded me of the old joke "Buy me and Stop One" - I mean stop me and Buy one :happy:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
trammayo said:
The icecream tricycle reminded me of the old joke "Buy me and Stop One" - I mean stop me and Buy one :happy:

Ah, you mean the old graffiti written on the condom machine.... ;)

The other classics being:

"My Dad says these don't work" (think about it.....), and the best one:

"This is the worst chewing gum I've ever tasted, but it lasts for ages!" ;) :eek: :p

Jon.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The after-taste is not very nice though!!
;) :D :happy: :happy:

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
thanks jon, sounds good to me

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

:D

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you for that, Vic..... unfortunately if I HAD posted pictures, somebody would have complained to a Moderator and had them removed.....

Jon.

mmts

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Essex and you dont need your passport
Best answers
Country flag
Zerogee said:
Thank you for that, Vic..... unfortunately if I HAD posted pictures, somebody would have complained to a Moderator and had them removed.....

Jon.

Carnt you p.m those of us that are interested. .... ;)

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
All I can say is I have to keep moderating my imagination each time I read this thread :happy:

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Having seen Jon's (zerogee) naughty bits behind the train shed at Chris' (mole) open day today, I can honestly say that Prem have done a fine job of producing an amazing likeness to two, ahem, combatants in full flagrante delicto, right down to the stare of the eyes!
One pair would be ideal to use in a workshop.......................

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
mmts said:
Carnt you p.m those of us that are interested. .... ;)

Well, Jerry (Lone Ranger) took some VERY close-up pics and video of the figures at Chris' this afternoon (and had a strange look in his eyes while doing so...) - so you'd better ask him if he'll post them on Farcebook or something! ;)

Jon.