Number 7

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Or will be, when I get some numbers made up...

My Edrig is now on the road to completion, although there is still a long way to go- plenty of detailing to add. There should be a toolbox hiding the gas filler, but it's AWOL.

It won't ever be named, but will be numbered and lettered. The loco was painted (rattlecan primer and airbrushed matt pastel green) by my housemate, and Laura painted the bufferbeams to my markings.

Photos all taken by Tag, running today on the Longlands & Western.

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

A brilliant afternoon's running, big thanks to Mr Gorton.

The green wagons are also mine (in desperate need of a coat of paint), purchased at a bargain price from JSJ on here. Regauged with 32mm Accucraft wheelsets (from L&B wagons, donated by generous forum members) with fuel hose spacers, and the knuckle couplers swapped for centre buffers (which were bought from GSM!).

dragon

Video. Photography. Garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Really looks in it's element in those pics.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
But Matt it's all "pretty"............I thought it was going to be a NCB black knackered Loco?

ffa7c9c76865436fb678b56257f14f5d.jpg

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Looks Great Matt, worth the wait :D

Granitechops

Narrow Gauge 1/12th scale on 45mm</br>Quarrying &
24 Oct 2009
Sunny Devon Uk
Best answers
Looking Good Matt

inspired choice of colour

suits industrial ethos,

not garish,

subdued,

& yet not dull or uninteresting

liking it very much

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Looking good Matt. Very appropriate paint. :clap:

(rattlecan primer and airbrushed Matt pastel green)

Dont forget to show us another piccy when it's numbered etc.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Thanks for the comments folks.

Paul, it's not exactly pretty- it just isn't black! NHN (or Nodrog) will be able to tell us what NCB region the livery is based on. It needs weathering, at some point (when it's a bit more complete) it shall be visiting the WGLR for some grottification hopefully.

Don has summed up why I chose the colour nicely (that and when looking at Geoff Plumb's industrial photos Laura said "I like that colour"...), I'm glad you agree Don!

Will post photos of it's travels, and updates as it continues to be modified and detailed.

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
It looks excellent Matt - and the colour looks just right to me. Though as a Caradoc is an Edrig power unit with a Caradoc body .......isn't No 7 now a Caradoc? :confused:
Cheers
Chris

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Not quite Chris- different smokebox and gas tank arrangement! There's not much difference though, I suppose it is technically more Caradoc than Edrig.

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
I'm very much in favour of the colour as well. Love it.

You know what you've done, don't you?

Yep, you've made me want to have a go at my Cardoc with a rattle can! :crying:

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
looking very good in matt, Matt
colour looks similar to JR's Dubs
nice

thecsmann

Registered
30 Dec 2009
Crawley, west sussex
www.freewebs.com
Best answers
now i do like that! got an ogwen which is tooo shiny.

A

Alec K

Matt,

Your shade of green is very akin to a faded NCB No 1 Area green a la NCB 0-6-0 Twizell, for which I was also responsible on a day-to-day basis. Twizell derives her name from the pit near Stanley, Co Durham, where she spent most of her working life. She is now beautifully restored to full working order and carries a lined out navy blue livery for work on the Tanfield Railway - well worth a visit if you haven't been.

Alec K

pmorgan_cym

Registered
22 Apr 2010
Best answers
Country flag
It's always nice to see some pics of the LWR in-situ, you see a lot in "the press" (GR and SMT mainly)as a back drop for a loco, but very few of the actullly railway overall. Which I feel is a shame as from the what I've managed to put together I suspect Tag has managed to get a lot into a quite a small space.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Tom- sorry!

Alec, thanks- as you know, it's faded NCB livery I was using for inspiration. Twizell is a nice looking beastie- I'm sure I've seen photos of her in green but can't find them now; she looks very smart in her new livery however.

May I ask what your job was please? Sounds very interesting.