NPN Sensors

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Well here we are again. Sorry it has been so long other projects and the English climate have had a hand in the delay.
So here we go. The live wire (positive ) carries the upto 36volt DC then goes on to the common on the 280r
The blue wiregoes to the negative of the supply and the black wire goes to the output number you require ,in my case 3a makining the black voltage free.
Anyway it didn't blow up not too sure what would happen if you crossed the blue black wires . Are you brave enough to find out .

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Getting the hang of the switches first plus the massoth 1200z.
Need a bit of fine weather over easter to try and find the position of the switches.
But it shows it can be done . I want three tracks with three trains ( the station area) so that one train leaves as another pulls in

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
It just expands the shuttle with a few points thrown in . At least thats the way I read it . Others may disagree

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
No Paul but just want to add a bit of varietyin stead of the same loco passing the same point at the same time
Stainzmeister said:
You fed up of driving your locomotives Phil ?

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
After a lot of messing around finally got it sorted

The negative goes to common on the R281 detector ( the emitter)
The positive powers the sensor
The black wire is the signal.
Thee only thing was when the two units showed lit LEDS showing that they were in a closed state and would not respond when the loco passed over them. The answer two diodes :nerd::nerd::wits::wits:

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Just occasionally the loco would over ride the reed switch.
Now with the sensors you do not require magnets under the train at £3.00 each when you have 20 plus locos not cheap
The only yhing you require isa washer / strip of steel
Different sensors detect different material