Newbie alert ,

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers
Hi, my names Nikky , I,m up north , slowly acquiring enough to to set up a garden railway , think this stems from in my youth I had a big big train , loved it to bits , but someone loved it more and stole it from storage when my mum moved house
I am slowly getting there lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 30

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Nikky, you're one of a bunch of newbies this llast couple of weeks. You'll have plenty to read with all the questions being asked ATM.

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers
Thanks , yes saw the posts , reasonably well clued up , I,m a vehicle tech by trade with a city and guilds level 3 networking , so not so bad
At the moment I have bought 4 Aristocraft class 66 and 6 intermodal sets , been quite lucky , also picked up a bp lil critter as a shunter
Acquiring track and experience
Thanks

kim

retired at last
27 Apr 2015
Cleveleys
Best answers
Country flag
Stock's building up nicely there Nikky. Enjoy.

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers
Yes it's getting there , Always on the lookout, slowly build it up as finances allow

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome

Reactions: 1 user

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Your approach judged by your stock so far is rather different from my uplands Welsh - so nice to see such a broad variety on here. Have fun - looking forward to seeing developments

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum.... :)

Jon.

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers
Thanks for all the welcomes , I,m thinking of container depot layout and freight generally
Only british diesel ( cough cough not )big scale locomotive I could find were the 66s but tied with intermodals , currently looking at lgb hopper triple car sets and pondering
My local station is Bishop Auckland and the Colas 66 "Wylam Dilly " used to haul the freight down from Eastgate ( so one 66 will go in this livery and gain a sound card ,battery pack and R/c conversion )

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Oh, Bishop Auckland? Driven through it hundreds of times!

Never stopped though except for the traffic. :giggle::giggle:

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers
Oh, Bishop Auckland? Driven through it hundreds of times!

Never stopped though except for the traffic. :giggle::giggle:
Haha, the world and their granny will be coming in July for Kyren . Complete with real loco built at north road if my info is correct

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the warning, Nikky.....Just kidding. There's some other jokers here as well. We all have a good time here. We don't take life too seriously, because none of us are getting out alive.....LOL

A big welcome to you. Your plan is quite interesting. Mainline freight service. Looking forward to watching your progress.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome. Looks like you've got a plan! Hope you keep us all posted on your progress and keep taking (and posting) the photos.

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers
Thanks for the warning, Nikky.....Just kidding. There's some other jokers here as well. We all have a good time here. We don't take life too seriously, because none of us are getting out alive.....LOL

A big welcome to you. Your plan is quite interesting. Mainline freight service. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Lol, it's fine , know the feeling

Timbo

Registered
12 Apr 2016
Philippines
Best answers
Welcome to the world of Garden Railways. Great fun, great interest and just soooooo many directions to go in. All good fun with plenty to learn along the way. Only been garden railing since the autumn last year.
Cheers,
Tim

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers
Welcome to the world of Garden Railways. Great fun, great interest and just soooooo many directions to go in. All good fun with plenty to learn along the way. Only been garden railing since the autumn last year.
Cheers,
Tim
Yes it's great you go can forwards , backward and if you have rack lgb up and down the side of a mountain rofl

Trekk

Registered
15 May 2016
North east England
Best answers
- wards and upwards

Last edited:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Yes it's great you go can forwards , backward and if you have rack lgb up and down the side of a mountain rofl

.....and if you have a continuous loop, you can go round in circles! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jon.

merlin

Model (all scales) & 12":1'
17 Jan 2013
Somerset (occasionally in Spain)
Best answers
Country flag
Go with it...went round the bend a long time ago....the only thing to watch for is meeting yourself coming in the opposite direction! :D