New to G Scale

Software Tools

Registered
18 Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Your Ge Re 4/4 III is LGB 21430 from circa 2021 and came equipped with an mfx/DCC decoder. My off-the-cuff guess is that it does have cab lighting under control of the decoder, so you need to look into the decoder settings.

Last edited:

Canyon City

Registered
24 Mar 2023
Mechernich
www.mecw.de
Best answers
Country flag
very good Tom.
Welcome to the Forum.

47327501et.jpg

47327502zw.jpg

47327504yy.jpg

Gerard

Registered
26 Mar 2021
Aerdenhout Holland
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Tom, welcome in here!

Great train you showed us!
There is one special advice I like to give you when you start laying track outside: use Molycote Cu 7439 Coppergrease in all your railconnectors and at all your electric connections.
The grease layer prevents problems with rail connectivity and corrosion of your wiring. The grease is heat resistant up to 600 degr Celcius and is not "washable" (removable) by rain.
Best is to make it fluid by adding solvent so it sucks into all narrow places, especially into the open space between the multiple small copperwires at the end of a cut wire.
I applied it on my 150 m outdoor track when i started about 7 years ago and up to today I do not have any connectivity problems !

Good Luck!
Gerard

Attachments

• Molycote Cu 7439 Plus Paste.JPG
    Molycote Cu 7439 Plus Paste.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 0

OBBherr

Registered
17 Aug 2016
Hampshire, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Tom, in addition to the names already mentioned (GRS, KGR) I would add Chalk Garden Rail for a fairly wide range of accessories. I rely on P&S Hobbies in York for anything Massoth/mfx but not sure about accessories. However he is good at keeping his website up to date. For buildings Tony Green Steam Models carries Pola and Piko.

I would also consider looking at EU websites especially Modellbahn Kramm, Modellbahn Lippe and recently Modellbahndiskont is Austria. My experience recently (after some post-Brexit disruption) has been good, expecially with items below the GBP140 cutoff. On those they will zero-rate for export and I haven't so far had to pay UK VAT on these imports. Even over that amount If you are after something unavailable in the UK the end price is fair. As you are in Jersey you should get the zero-rate benefit and (I assume) a mere 5% GST?
Regards, Adrian

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hullo Tom,

I'm back from my Easter break.

RhB forum is rhb.boards.net....

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome.
Beautiful locomotive.
Find a Pola G Susch/Maudlin swiss station for starters.
Fwiw, there is a newer third version currently available. I cant recall the station name.