New Steamy 1/10 scale Burrell

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag
As it comes under the Steamy heading, here are some pictures of my new 1/10 scale live steam, Markie, Burrell Special Scenic Showmans Traction Engine. Gas fired and bought from Station Steam. The engine has been fired only few times, and is, as new. Makes a change from the electric tramway. The red Burrell is a full-size special scenic to compare. Alyn

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
That's nice Mole- I often look on their website, looking at stuff I want but can't afford! I used to be involved with 2 full size rollers - miss it!

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag
I used to take part in the Birmingham Museum of Science Traction Engine Rally, with a varity of live steam items, but the museum is now closed replaced by the "Think Tank!" Alyn

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
That's gorgeous. I think road steam fascinates me even more than rail steam!

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
Nice engine Alyn.I've always fancied a Markie crane engine meself but I've nowhere to keep it since we moved.

George

railways in general, mainly steam locos, i volunte
24 Oct 2009
Norwich, Norfolk (UK)
www.flickr.com
Best answers
wow thats really nice i keep looking at the ones on the Maxitrak website.. as well as Jack their 7 1/4inch gauge loco - like like like like:rofl:

my friend Joes dad has a full size traction engine and they take it to shows and stuff, only seen it a couple of times when ive gone round his as they live far away from us..

E

Elmtree Line

Maxitrak engines are tiny George, well i think so, certainly compared to other locomotives running on 7 1/4" lines. Not a negative, just an observation :cool:

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
Lovely stuff. A 3" or 4" scae traction engine is high on my wish list if I ever;
a. get enough money
b. get a house with enough space!