New Roundhouse loco - Double Fairlie 'David Lloyd George'

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
This iconic loco is finally with us courtesy of Doncaster's famous [little] locomotive works, and very nice it looks, too. It can be seen in action on Youtube on Roundhouse's in-house test track, and wombling around ahead of good-sized mixed consist. Prices are in line with expectations - this is a COMPLEX model to say the least - and looks to be around the £4000-ish mark. Look to pay around $4400 in the USA.

I'll let somebody else post the RH into movie for a change.

Reactions: 1 user

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Link -

Reactions: 2 users

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
15Kilos! Your gonna notice that when carrying - should pull well.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
15Kilos! Your gonna notice that when carrying - should pull well.

That's not the weight of the loco - it's the weight it's hauling around - pretty much standard fare for a larger RH loco on test.

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
Inside frames........................32mm gauge only perhaps ?:mm:
ooh just spotted on their website its available in 45mm too....................just need a spare £4100 quid..............:eek:

Last edited:

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Even with that price ticket I think it will still be a winner. Well, it is 2 locos joined at the hip, so to speak, so not a bad price. Pity I don't model the Festiniog.

As small point of note that soundtrack is somewhat familiar to me as it seems to be popular with some companies as the"Please hold, your call is important to us" music - always too loud and for too long, as if they really didn't want you to hold after all ;)

Edit - it's the one my energy supplier, Ovo, use.

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Inside frames........................32mm gauge only perhaps ?:mm:
ooh just spotted on their website its available in 45mm too....................just need a spare £4100 quid..............:eek:
I think it will always be popular - I don't think many of Bachmann's electric jobbies hung about as long as some of their Fn3 stuff :think::think:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag

As small point of note that soundtrack is somewhat familiar to me as it seems to be popular with some companies as the"Please hold, your call is important to us" music - always too loud and for too long, as if they really didn't want you to hold after all ;)

Shame they are not made to be honest about it: "Your call is completely unimportant to us, so we're going to make you hang on for ages listening to crappy music and then disconnect you for no reason, so that you NEVER TRY TO CALL US AGAIN!" :D

The piece in question sounds to me like a rather second-rate instrumental rendition of John Cougar Mellencamp's "Jack and Diane".... possibly off some kind of royalty-free collection to allow it to be used for videos and stuff....?

OK, we can go back to talking about the loco now, which does look rather nice even though it's not the kind of thing that particularly interests me. ;)

Jon.

dewintondave

Live Steam, Live Diesel
15 Nov 2009
New Zealand
Best answers
Shame they are not made to be honest about it: "Your call is completely unimportant to us, so we're going to make you hang on for ages listening to crappy music and then disconnect you for no reason, so that you NEVER TRY TO CALL US AGAIN!" :D

The piece in question sounds to me like a rather second-rate instrumental rendition of John Cougar Mellencamp's "Jack and Diane".... possibly off some kind of royalty-free collection to allow it to be used for videos and stuff....?

I expect it's a youtube supplied music track. Some of us don't use them :)