New MyLocoSound soundcard for Synchronised Chuff Locos

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Moonraker said:
Bruce,

Your timing is spot on. The new soundcard was released today and is now available on our web site at http://www.mylocosound.com/ < Link To www.mylocosound.com.

I'm sorry it took so long. The reason for the delay was that we got the soundcard working well for all customers...except for one. This customer had a Bachmann Annie and was unable to get a good quality chuff. We couldn't figure out why. We had used a Bachmann Consolidation in our development testing and that worked fine...but the Annie did not. In the end we purchased an Annie and tested it on the bench. Very quickly, we found that the reason for the problem was the Annie chuff cam which is extremely rough. Below is an oscilloscope trace of the chuff cam showing all the rubbish you get while the cam is closed (that's where the trace drops).

We modified the soundcard software to cope with the problem and sent the updated soundcard off to the customer who has now confirmed it is fine. There is a YouTube video of a test run of ourBachmann Annie at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgrRogLbzQE .

So the soundcard for locos with chuff cams is now fully available, at the normal price, and thanks for your patience.

Peter

Peter
Can I just say how impressed I am with your attention to detail. I haven't yet invested in any sound cards but they are on my Christmas list. I will definitely be asking santa to drop into Australia before coming on here.

I wish all manufacturers were as responsive to their customers as you are. Great to see GSC being part of the product development.

Rik

silverflyer

G Scale, Photography,
26 Oct 2009
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Best answers
Hi Peter,

I agree with all that Rik has said in his reply above.

I today received the two soundcards that I ordered last week from Mylocosound in Australia, the 1st one is already fitted in my RC Bachmann Connie and works a treat, sounds great too. What a difference it makes, when the chuffs are intime with the movement of the piston rods and valve gear.

The 2nd one will be fitted into an Annie when I have converted the chuff switch on that Loco, to give four beats per revolution.

Once again Peter many thanks for your wonderful service, and keeping me informed of the progress of this new product.

I am verry pleased indeed.

Regards

Bruce.