New member from County Durham

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Reece, and welcome.
16mm is a scale of 19:1. Most LGB stock is about 22.5:1 so a bit smaller. Having said that, some items, especially buildings, look OK and are interchangeable.
As for web sites - look at the 'LINKS' section here on this site - there are loads of relevant sites shown
This forum is in place of a farcebook page - it works a little differently.

Reece

First time for everything
9 Oct 2016
County Durham
Best answers
So ive just got home from work and managed to bring home everything I bought I paid 80 pound for everything you can see in the pictures around 35 lengths of track and the loco plus some scenery hopefully I've paid a fair price.IMG_20161012_182945.jpg IMG_20161012_183005.jpg IMG_20161012_183018.jpg

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I would say good deal but I'm still puzzled by the loco. Is it battery powered? Is it radio controlled? Did you get a transmitter/controller as well?

Reece

First time for everything
9 Oct 2016
County Durham
Best answers
Sorry thought is replied the loco is battery powered 2 controls forward and backwards with a speed controller :)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Jon, I'm still trying to get used to what scale im using and what buildings I'd need to buy am I right in thinking the 16mm to the foot? :sweating:
I've searched peck and can only find the flexible track?
Don't suppose you have any links to good websites.

I'll have a better look into adapting wagons and coaches once I get to that stage I've got till next year before I even start my layout
So I do think you got a pretty fair deal with your Track and Stock, you could have easily paid what you did just for the Loco.

You would be Modelling 16mm to the Foot so 32mm Track is 2ft Gauge. Though there are Narrow Gauge Variations on the theme, but suggest you stick to that. Your current Trains and most available Kits tend to work to that scale.

https://www.track-shack.com/acatalog/Peco_SM32_Garden_Railway_Track.html

Link to the SM 32 Track, other suppliers out there. So long as you know you are looking for Peco Sm32 you will know what to find, even on Ebay?

Good luck.
JonD