New livery for Raglan Hall Joint Railway

Lordraglan274

Too much of a good thing is nearly enough.
25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
I thought this would make an interesting topic and put all the photos in one place. Until now repainted engines had been a rather plain Blue, smart but not inspiring. This was the case until I won an early Stainz No4 with the early cab motor on Ebay. It had been repainted and didnt run though, but at £27 was a bargain. It duly arrived and after extensive cleaning ran for the first time.

Lordraglan274

25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
I had been pondering about having a GWR style engine to haul my British coaching stock, but didnt have any GWR green. However some coaching stock Chocolate and VCream was in the paint store, so a complete repaint was carried out. I was amazed how good the resultant loco looked, very striking to my eyes.

Lordraglan274

25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
The later version of the Stainz joined it and the livery adopted as the new standard. I am not about to repaint all the locos just yet though !

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Lordraglan274 - 1/12/2009 10:32 AM

The later version of the Stainz joined it and the livery adopted as the new standard. I am not about to repaint all the locos just yet though !

Nice work Syd, looking good.
I'm not so sure that it would suit the Challenger as well though! :eek: :rofl:

Lordraglan274

25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
Today the first Diesel has been completed. It has had all the USA trappings removed to give a more Industrial British shunter look. I am very pleased with the result.
The next loco in the line is a Bachmann 2-6-0 tender engine, which was an almost scrap model bought from the G Scale Society meeting at Elmswell earlier this year for the grand sum of £10. It has been persuaded to run and most missing parts replaced, but looks like a plastic toy at the moment. I cant wait to get it finished.

Hope you like the new fleet livery as well.
Syd

E

Elmtree Line

I'd give the shunter a hashed front ? just to break up the brown :)

Lordraglan274

25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
I dont think the spark arrester chimney on the Stainz would suit being Copper.....it would look like a Christams Tree decoration !
As for hashed markings, the shunter had these on the buffer beam already and they looked too brash, so I painted them out in red, which matched the steamys into the bargain.

Syd

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Amazing how British the critter looks in Brown n Cream.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
:clap: like it , much inproved... :)

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like a good paint job,well done you:applause: :applause:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Mmmm, chocolate and cream....

(Nice paint job Syd!)

beancounter

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Shakespeare Country
Best answers
Country flag
<p>
The next loco in the line is a Bachmann 2-6-0 tender engine, which was an almost scrap model bought from the G Scale Society meeting at Elmswell earlier this year for the grand sum of &pound;10. It has been persuaded to run and most missing parts replaced, but looks like a plastic toy at the moment.
</p><p>If that's my old loco you're referring to, then I'm glad it's up and running again. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.</p>

Rich

Railways from model to 1:1.</br>T.V. - comedy, Doc
24 Oct 2009
Leicestershire
Best answers
I like that, I was told that originally the GWR were going to paint their locos the same as the carriages or at least Churchward wanted to when starting the standardisation of the fleet, until the board told him brunswick green.

Not sure how true that is, but you've proved it could have worked!

Lordraglan274

25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, Beancounter, it is one of yours. This is the track powered version, the second battery powered one is under restoration.
This is what it looked like a week ago.

Lordraglan274

25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
It is now resplendant in the 'new' livery and in running order. There are still a few finishing touches to do and in the near future it will recieve gold shaded cab side numbers.

beancounter

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Shakespeare Country
Best answers
Country flag
<p>
Lordraglan274 - 4/12/2009 11:31 AM It is now resplendant in the 'new' livery and in running order. There are still a few finishing touches to do and in the near future it will recieve gold shaded cab side numbers.
</p><p>Great stuff Syd - I'm really pleased to see it in a good home.</p>