New from the Netherlands

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hello all, I just subscribed to this forum as I'm looking for options to start my own very small 'feldbahn' in the garden. I'm an 'on and off' train enthousiast. I adore the charme from real feldbahns which I like to visit while on holidays (dragging the wife and kids with me as I know a very nice 'day out...' hahaha!!!)

I'd like to start with a straight from about 6 meters with some switches so I can play around with the loco and some tipper cars.

At this moment I have nothing! I have to start buying and I'm looking for information regarding feldbahn layouts and manybe manufacturers in this scale. Although I already discovered the 30 mm thing in stead of 45 mm (LGB). There are just too many options!

Anyone who can give me a hand in sharing some knowledge with me: pease do!

Where to start??

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Dont jump in too quick.#it is very good advice to get something running - but you seem to know what direction you want to take your railway. There are several Feldbahn options in 45mm gauge. I would suggest to hve a nose around here and google. Search for feldbahn (there is a thread search on here) and learn a little about the options available.
Then jump in with both feet and enjoy yourself.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Henri!

Alan's advice is good - take some time to check out all the possibilities before you start buying. Personally I'd probably stay with 45mm gauge because there are so many more options, if you go to 30mm you are really restricted to one or two manufacturers (and from what I've seen, the stuff is very expensive!).

Look at Bertram Heyn's products for 45mm Feldbahn track - rough, random sleepers, simple feldbahn pointwork etc..... if you used something like this in 45mm track, you could always model your locos and stock in an even larger scale - like 1:13 - which allows you to use things like Dolls-House items as scenery and accessories!
http://www.modell-werkstatt.de/index.htm

There are just so many different ways and possibilities! Above all, just enjoy the hobby...... :)

Jon.

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Welcome to GSC, Henri.