New Bachmann 4-6-0

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I prefer to have the LGB used mogul than the Bachman. I have never paid over $200 (US) for a used LGB mogul and they ran well without doing any repairs. Just my opinion and results.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I prefer to have the LGB used mogul than the Bachman. I have never paid over $200 (US) for a used LGB mogul and they ran well without doing any repairs. Just my opinion and results.
The dichotomy in a nutshell, although used Bachmann 10-wheelers are generally cheaper than LGB moguls in the UK :nerd: :nerd:

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
The dichotomy in a nutshell, although used Bachmann 10-wheelers are generally cheaper than LGB moguls in the UK :nerd: :nerd:
I personally prefer the 2-6-0 as it has lots of interesting details and runs well (once you replace the gear!) The 4-6-0, in my eyes, looks too much like that Big Hauler battery toy that I bought when they first came out. Despite the upgrades, I don't think the 4-6-0 reaches the quality of detailing of the 2-6-0s. Maybe this new one will prove me wrong.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The detailing on the Annie isn't bad. However, the one I bought (second hand unused) went through a few modifications, but I left the boiler untouched. It's since had a new pilot from a K27 as the new railway in Norfolk doesn't have the same problem with a curved approach to the bridge.

PICT0003-001.JPG