New Accucraft Green & Cream IOM and W&L coaches

E

Elmtree Line

How about the Pickerings in Blue and White ?

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
Bit more of an update on thinking on the Pickerings. As painting the sunken panels a different colour to the raised bits would be very difficult (if possible at all?) for the factory to do it would also be very expensive and so not viable.

So, the Cambrian Bronze Green all over, Grey roofs, an no numbering applied looks the likely way to go. Historically correct for those who want and still appealing as 'Nice Green Coaches' for freelance railways.

For the IOM stock the Green and Cream is favoured, a little more creamy perhaps than the White in the photographs. I have a gut feeling that somewhere there is a historial precedent for IOM 4 wheelers in a Green livery so perhaps a little research should be undertaken at this stage.

Happy steamings.

John

E

Elmtree Line

I take it the factory doesn't do tampo printing then, maybe get kadar to produce them :confused::D

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
I dont think tampo could get in there and do those frames. Hand finishing is that sort of work.

E

Elmtree Line

stockers said:
I dont think tampo could get in there and do those frames. Hand finishing is that sort of work.

wouldn't like to think what price that would put them up to :brokeheart:

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
Sea Lion said:
Bit more of an update on thinking on the Pickerings. As painting the sunken panels a different colour to the raised bits would be very difficult (if possible at all?) for the factory to do it would also be very expensive and so not viable.

So, the Cambrian Bronze Green all over, Grey roofs, an no numbering applied looks the likely way to go. Historically correct for those who want and still appealing as 'Nice Green Coaches' for freelance railways.

For the IOM stock the Green and Cream is favoured, a little more creamy perhaps than the White in the photographs. I have a gut feeling that somewhere there is a historial precedent for IOM 4 wheelers in a Green livery so perhaps a little research should be undertaken at this stage.

Happy steamings.

John
I feel a challenge coming on. Tamiya masking tape and spray can anyone???

madmanx

Isle of Man Railways (of course), Fine Scale Model
27 Oct 2009
Hampshire
Best answers
Bit late joining this thread (as usual), too busy modelling!

The off-white colour for IOM 4 wheelers looks right, it shouldn't be creamy, but the white 'window' band should start just below window level and go right up to roof (i.e. no green band above the windows). The current 'modern' style IOM paint banding started post WW2 with the red and cream livery.

If there are new batches to be made of the 4 wheelers, then a choice of Green/Off-White livery as above (first class) and a Purple-Dark Brown livery (2nd/3rd class) would be perfect, both types with grey roofs and black chassis / running gear. The later Purple-Dark Brown with Off-White upper panels livery (for all classes) lasted somewhat longer, looked lovely but may present Accucraft with a price challenge too far, but not too difficult for modellers to achieve themselves with careful panel masking.

Ed

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Cyclone said:
How wide are these coaches? (sorry for crashing the thread)

I think you can find the info on the Accucraft Uk website :clap::clap: