Navigator question

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Massoth Navigator RC(8134501) and the RC Plus(8134601)? I've tried to find it in the catalogue but to no avail.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I'm sure someone else will come on and give a definitive answer, but I THINK that the Plus version is supposed to have a longer radio range - but unless your garden and layout are HUGE, or you have to operate from a very long way away from the central control station for some reason, I really don't think you'd have any problems with range on the normal model!

Jon.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I belive Jon to be correct - enhanced range.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
bloody hell, you mean you can drive my trains form there!!:rofl::rofl:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Further to my earlier post, I think I once read that the standard Navigator is good for 100-150 metres range, while the Plus can manage 300 metres or more. Of course the range of either is degraded by solid objects (walls etc), so if your layout is designed in such a way that you don't always have a clear line of sight to wherever your Dimax station is situated (eg: if the layout goes round the side of the house, or something like that, and you want to be able to follow the train round there) then the extra radio "oomph" of the Navigator Plus might be a worthwhile investment.

Jon.

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, that's what it is. Was that enhancement added in order that Lazy Grange Bay 3 could be operated from either end?:) Looks like it will need it.:D