my ex k-27 TENDER into nickel road plate..upgrade..details..for logging yards..DEC 2010s

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi u all member..here is my tender from tony tht i brought from him with another items so i have to re-stored it into NICKEL ROAD PLATE with logs on the top of the ex coal loading for my layout where the caboose office stored logs outside...

aslo have to re-wiring the head lite and aslo brake lite with battery and switches.....inside the tender with switches at the bottom.....more will be following......

1--------make a scrappy woods for the top load.......

2.........see if fit in and come out...............................

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Re:my ex k-27 TENDER into nickel plate road..upgrade..details..for logging yards..DEC 2010s

3............spare logs from another bachmann tender to use it.......save time....(thks tony for exellent ONE!)

4...........put the spare logs on the top of the scrappy wood,,,,,,paint it dark brown all over the bottom and side edges...

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
Re:my ex k-27 TENDER into nickel plate road..upgrade..details..for logging yards..DEC 2010s

5......FIT THE SPARE logs on the top of the tender,,,,

6......old ...N-e-N LOGO.......need change it......to new name....NICKEL ROAD PLATE....

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

7...................remove old n-e-n...AWESOME vingl stickers from tony....very neat one..it had to go.......

8................NICKEL ROAD PLATE!!...will weathering all over the body,wheels.etc..

9...............back view of the tender...(TONY IM KEEPIN this number..wink...)........

P,S,more will following tmw as im weathering it...aslo do some rewiring the lights plus details.......

thks u for looking at it.........it for my layout this week ,,,the wheels is spare same as bogies as well,,,have to make it bit higher...

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers

Do like your log load very realistic and the Nickle Plate Road decals that you've made look very nice :clap:

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers

steven large said:
5......FIT THE SPARE logs on the top of the tender,,,,

6......old ...N-e-N LOGO.......need change it......to new name....NICKEL ROAD PLATE....

Brilliant logs mate

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers

Richie said:
Do like your log load very realistic and the Nickle Plate Road decals that you've made look very nice :clap:

hi richie..yes it does..so nickel plate road is been copyin from the net and use on my word pad and copy it and paste it and try to make them small or bigger in case then copy it and print out and cut out and use wood glue on the back paper and stick on it and gently rub it with water to make it look old....so when all this done...weathering it...so need a advice..

will be ok if use red and balck wirin from the head lite from the top back tender....go to metal wheels? coz of electrical pick up from tracks to give power to the light? will it harm it?...or blow the light?...

what i can do coz i have 9 volts battery but need more power to bright the light up......need 12 volts but tracks will help?

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers

steven large said:
Richie said:

hi richie..yes it does..so nickel plate road is been copyin from the net and use on my word pad and copy it and paste it and try to make them small or bigger in case then copy it and print out and cut out and use wood glue on the back paper and stick on it and gently rub it with water to make it look old....so when all this done...weathering it...so need a advice..

will be ok if use red and balck wirin from the head lite from the top back tender....go to metal wheels? coz of electrical pick up from tracks to give power to the light? will it harm it?...or blow the light?...

what i can do coz i have 9 volts battery but need more power to bright the light up......need 12 volts but tracks will help?

Hi Steven
Your find that the tender light gives off a yellow/orange light and not white . I don't think that the bulbs are 18v could be 6v or 12v as there on a cicuit board in the loco .
Pic of light on my K-27
2ee00da553e04281a7db42de7e2c728d.jpg

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi richie or another members....any advice?....how??...will it work?......what can i do?....red and black wire from the head light to on the metal wheels? but where wire will go on wheels coz i have no idea??..

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
steven large said:
hi richie or another members....any advice?....how??...will it work?......what can i do?....red and black wire from the head light to on the metal wheels? but where wire will go on wheels coz i have no idea??..

If you what to power your light by track power you will need to make some contacts for the wheels on my snow plow i used thin copper strips from my old Bachmann loco that rub on the inner wheels just like a loco picks up its power , LGB do a set of wheels with contacts for wires but there not cheap .

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
Richie said:
steven large said:

If you what to power your light by track power you will need to make some contacts for the wheels on my snow plow i used thin copper strips from my old Bachmann loco that rub on the inner wheels just like a loco picks up its power , LGB do a set of wheels with contacts for wires but there not cheap .

[align=center]I made some with this and it fits all trucks. its a stip of n/silver wire and som copperclad

d096bc6b77a340ceac75a5591ca3c24f.jpg

[/align]

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi richie....tht interesting....so yes i did see my light is came up in orange and yellow with 9 volts battery so thin copper strips from yr old Bachmann loco that rub on the inner wheels just like a loco picks up its power ....can u show me a picture?....thin copper strips ?....on left and right wheels?...

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
steven large said:
hi richie....tht interesting....so yes i did see my light is came up in orange and yellow with 9 volts battery so thin copper strips from yr old Bachmann loco that rub on the inner wheels just like a loco picks up its power ....can u show me a picture?....thin copper strips ?....on left and right wheels?...

Hi Steven they are just like the photo Pete has just put on for you in post#11

dragon

Video. Photography. Garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Richie said:
steven large said:

Hi Steven they are just like the photo Pete has just put on for you in post#11

Steven. You should be able to buy phospher bronze strips from Gee Dee Models.

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
MR SPOCK said:
Richie said:
steven large said:

[align=center]I made some with this and it fits all trucks. its a stip of n/silver wire and som copperclad

images

[/align]

hi spockie..thks u for yr comment so i see tht..interesting..it for pick up power from the tracks to the light it tht rite?..i shud have tht but i cant soldering my self!!!!.........

i did once soldering but failed.....never good at electric!!! but good on kit ot scatchbuliting!!! lol.....so do u think i shud send me bogies with wheel over to u fix it?...then i can wiring the red to red and black to black?.......i dont mind..if u can or whatever.....

this photos is so good idea!!!......

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
steve if you dont fancy soldering try some of the plumbers superglue for copper fittings,, its conductive,, i glued some cables and worked a treat

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
daveyb said:
steve if you dont fancy soldering try some of the plumbers superglue for copper fittings,, its conductive,, i glued some cables and worked a treat
hi daveyb.....i didnt know tht.......never heard about this....wow......alots of members posting good advice here....lol....so where i can get plumbers superglue from?

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
b and q sell it,, not cheep but usefull if you need to join pipes without solder, i used it on a berlyn loco tender conection plug which the wires had pulled out and it worked great

going to trial bridging track with it and leave it outside to see how it copes,,,

i will have a search on ebay,

dragon

Video. Photography. Garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Steve. I can solder.

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
dragon said:
Steve. I can solder.

yes! tht it be helpful if u can doing for me? see me tmw morning?......yes or sat pm?.........