My Edrig bash- long term!

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
Chronos is the place to go for taps and dies. They do a modelling set - 1mm up to 2.5 mm for about £20. I used them to clean out the threads on my Caradoc cos they was filled with paint.

Doug said:
Chronos is the place to go for taps and dies. They do a modelling set - 1mm up to 2.5 mm for about £20. I used them to clean out the threads on my Caradoc cos they was filled with paint.

Sounds good Doug, do you have contact details from them please?

biggerdom

Registered
14 Dec 2009
Best answers
really like that matt top work!

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Not forgotten about this, but a combination of general lazyness, a lot of uni work and, mostly, my interest wandering off as a result of winter dismallness (is that a word? It should be) has resulted in a total lack of progress.

However, an invitation from a certain Mr Gorton to go play trains this weekend has kicked me back into action. Ironically just as my coursework has reached a peak, but hey-ho! Bit of a change of plan (see the above mentioned lazyness) has altered the outline somewhat- also my soldering skills need practice so I thought I'd go with something a bit less involved, and with less structural soldering.

I like the way it's going so far, now I have at long last put dremel (that inherent lazyness crawling in again- it does make light work of cutting through Edrig side tanks...) to metal. Have to sort a cab still, not a complex design but I forsee lots of tedious cutting and filing!

Photos later if I smile nicely at Laura.

Oh, and it's got radio gear now- just single channel for now but the regulator is on the to- do list. The redesign means I can use the big servo I have (the standard one- ta again NHN!) for the reverser as the tanks aren't too small for it now, so the little one could go in the cab (although it's a bit big- small not micro, I may get a smaller one). It can stay as it is now though as I've got it set up nicely and I want to have a play. Impressed with the Planet system set- up by the way- a breeze.

Watch this space!