"Mules Relief" a battery toy-car based Critter project

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
OK I know I need another engine like a hole in my head but Mik?s cool traction engine bash perked my interest and the Muse began speaking to me, but the final straw was the article in the latest ?Industrial and Mining Annual? frorm Uncle Russ showing an unbelievable model of the Oregon Pony. Once I had read thru the article and studied the pics the louder the Muse spoke to me. Then I looked back at a topic on the GR forum about a neat little Stomper based loco bash that used a HLW gondola for the body.

As I sat down at my bench I took an inventory, Stomper drive, ready to go, spare HLW body, check, fuel bunker, yep, front half of cheeser Xmas train left over from last bash, steam dome & stack from the junk box, check, also from the Xmas train, Boiler, Hmmm Boiler?.there?s the caveat, no plumbing pipes, no dowels, errrr?maybe this wont happen, Hmmm then I noticed the plastic tube case my AC glue nibs came in was about the right size, maybe if I use a balsa block for the firebox?.

?when the Muse hits me with the Baseball Bat it can rather hurt:

A short Time later:

http://gold.mylargescale.com/vsmith/Mules Relief 02.JPG < Link To
Mules%20Relief%2002.JPG

http://gold.mylargescale.com/vsmith/Mules Relief 03.JPG < Link To
Mules%20Relief%2003.JPG

BTW No its not missing a smokebox, its the clear plastic of the tube and, Yes that red circle is the lid of the nib container.

Just about done:

Mules%20Relief%2004.JPG

Mules%20Relief%2005.JPG

Mules%20Relief%2006.JPG

Mules%20Relief%2007.JPG

I only need to add the water feed pipes and one more steps, if I can find one!

Still debating to add a roof or not, I kinda like it topless.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very pretty and oh so colourful. Looking forward to seeing how the beast progresses.
JonD

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
What is it about Mr Smiths piccies? Very rarely, if ever, do they show themselves to me. It is only his that don't appear. There is no indication that they exist apart from large gaps in the text and other postings commenting on them.

Frustrated,
Mick

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
Another great conversion, but I second the call for pictures of the original, please. What sort of RR did it run on?

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
C&S said:
Another great conversion, but I second the call for pictures of the original, please. What sort of RR did it run on?

I'd just settle for pics of the model - don't see anything other than the text in post No.1.

Mick

vsmith

24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
Mick, I dont know why you cannot see the pics, they are posted from my storage site on Mylargescale.com, I'm no compfuser techie but its likely your security settings are blocking access to that site, hence no pics. I'm active on 4 other sites and they always show up OK there. It has to be something on your end. Maybe go the MLS site and see if that helps.

As for the prototype:
PC_oregon_pony_ca1940.jpg

It ran on a logging RR (didnt all the neatest looking locos?) It was one of the first locos built on the west coast and used a boiler more suited to a stationary engine, hence the odd stack layout.

vsmith

24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Great job, as always, Vic. Great name.

djacobsen

fishing, collecting pretty rocks then cutting & po
24 Oct 2009
Behind the Pine Curtain of East Texas.
Best answers
Vic,
your creativity amazes me...

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
I had this happen on Friday if you right click on any page then select from the drop down menu that appears there will be a box opens with site settings etc, the second box has a check box says block images ,uncheck, and save the file that worked for me I am not clever enuff to send alink thingy
trammayo said:
What is it about Mr Smiths piccies? Very rarely, if ever, do they show themselves to me. It is only his that don't appear. There is no indication that they exist apart from large gaps in the text and other postings commenting on them.

Frustrated,
Mick

trammayo

24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Mr Spock

my right click gives BACK
FORWARD
RELOAD
STOP - in grey (not useable)
_______
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE
SAVE PAGE AS
SEND LINK
_______
VIEW PAGE SOURCE
VIEW PAGE INFO

Somehow the image for the prototype came up - very interesting pic Mr Smith! Wish I knew what the problem was (probably me - so people say!).

Thanks for trying to help.

Mick