More Snow Video's OH NO! But these tell a short story of the Harz Mountains as well.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Happy New Year All,

Here are my latest video’s. They have all been made on my new Digital Camera (not Camcorder) which is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ65. This was bought in the Currys sale just before that (nice) Mr Darling put the Vat back to 17.5%. There are 4 VID’s to watch. Around 16 minutes all told.
VID 1
This as taken on Sunday today (Sunday 3rd Jan 2010 before the snows and shows my Peter Angus Surabeya Steam Tram on a short run. This was taken to just try out the new Camera.

VID 2
This was taken today (Wed 6th Jan 2010, Wednesday 6th January and is my Jack on Snow clearing duties.

VID 3
Also taken today (Wed 6th Jan 2010), this is the HARZ rescue Train with essential supplies for a remote Hamlet. Note the Coal and Wood loads in the wagons at the rear. Important supplies of Beer were carried in the Van.

VID 4
Also taken today (Wed 6th Jan 2010), the Harz rescue Train returns after a triumph of Steam over Snow.

All Snow DVD’s, note the depth of Snow. On my first ever visit to the Harz Mountains the snow was this deep at Drie Annen Hohne Bahnhof.

Hope you all enjoy,

VID 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdja...www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRcl9e0hZF8 JonD

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Re:More Snow Video's OH NO! But these tell a short story of the Harz Mountains as well.

Great - love the Harz, and in the snow:love:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Re:More Snow Video's OH NO! But these tell a short story of the Harz Mountains as well.

Very nice JonD! I think it looks the business! Little jack was lacking in a few KGs for the job i think but good effort! What fun...

groundframe

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers

Great Vid, Love your railway.
Regards
Peter. (Possum Point Short Line)

GarryH

Registered
30 Oct 2009
Crowborough East Sussex
Best answers

Poor old jack, did he have to work hard or what!! great vids, like the sound on the last vid.............keep em comming, just like the snow really!!:clap:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

Many thanks for your kind comments, now that I have a better editor (a freebie for my Mac) I may do some of my older snow vids.
GerryH, what is that Railcar on your Avotar, looks very interesting.
JonD

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

Andy Worsfold

G Scale Railways</br>Disney</br>The Prisoner
24 Oct 2009
Havant
Best answers

Thanks for sharing these videos, they're really great.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

A couple more Vids, 1 more from Monday that took an age to upload thus running out of time Monday. The other taken today of my LGB Snow Plow sorting out the fresh dump of snow that arrived last night/this morning.
Vid 1
My LGB Sachen Meyer on a short trip round my line during the recent snows. The train stalls and needs to back up to restart, then continues its journey - a bit too fast to start with. Taken on Monday 13th january 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO4z...www.youtube.com/watch?v=j67CUVGYPBU JonD

craigrailinc

Registered
1 Nov 2009
Bonny Scotland
Best answers
Country flag

Great vid's love the sound on the Harz.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

Further to the sympathy for poor old jack, I do have a Snow Blower tht I bought a year or 3 ago from Ebay. It is a commercial item that has been rapainted and hacked a bit, I think that I saw it advertised in the USA Mag Garden Railways many years ago. It has a Rubbish Steam sound, Smoke Unit, Lights and a very poor Snow Blowing function. I am intending to replace the Track Power for the Blower Unit with a battery to see if that will give it more oompf in its Snow Clearing abilities, however this will probably not now be testable till later this year or next. So I have plenty of time to get it done. Will be next on the bench. As I am DCC I was wondering whether to chip it up, but with tne snow this year, I had to clean the track to get decent running for the Electric Powered beasties. So this may not be the best option. Anyway I have some good 12v Batteries about.

In the meantime here are some pics taken today, any one out there able to ID the manufacturer please?
JonD