Modifying a Piko 25 Tonner to Battery Power.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Peter, what is the recommended minimum voltage for a MLS, I know your website shows a 9 volt battery for track power, but Fosworks informs that 6 volts is the recommended minimum voltage.
The recommended minimum voltage for all MyLocoSound soundcards is 7.2v. You may be able to run at lower voltages but are running the risk of sound interruptions. When you sound a horn or whistle at high volume that pulls more current and may drag the voltage down below the shut off level. Therefore we recommend 7.2v upwards.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
The recommended minimum voltage for all MyLocoSound soundcards is 7.2v. You may be able to run at lower voltages but are running the risk of sound interruptions. When you sound a horn or whistle at high volume that pulls more current and may drag the voltage down below the shut off level. Therefore we recommend 7.2v upwards.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound
Peter, many thanks that seems quite conclusive and very specific :)

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
I have just spent a pleasant 30 minutes reading through this excellent thread that Jon(Dunnyrail) posted so many years ago. The converted locomotive still hasn’t made a trip to the CFR. The invitation is open Jon.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have just spent a pleasant 30 minutes reading through this excellent thread that Jon(Dunnyrail) posted so many years ago. The converted locomotive still hasn’t made a trip to the CFR. The invitation is open Jon.
Thanks Paul, must make the trip. Sure you would love to meet Poppy, every time I think of getting over recently there has either been a strike or engineering precluding my headlong dash to your neck of the woods by train.

Reactions: 1 user

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Paul, must make the trip. Sure you would love to meet Poppy, every time I think of getting over recently there has either been a strike or engineering precluding my headlong dash to your neck of the woods by train.
But do take care around that daft, adorable, mobile trip hazard. No, not JonD, the one with the tail :D

Reactions: 1 user