Micron MR603a query

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Was looking to switch a few led’s “5” from a Micron MR603a. It seems i can only take about 1 led off any of the P terminals ?"Is that correct" . So no problem I will fit a FET buffer that will give up to 2 amps.
Q 1, Is P 3 & 4 terminals momentary in that push a button & 3v is on, release the same button & is off or 0v. ?
Q 2, Will a FET buffer latch on with a 3v momentary switch. IE: Is it latching?
If none of the above, what terminal do I use as a simple on/off switch for the FET.
Thanks

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Are any of these LEDs to be automatically switched for direction?

F1 & F2 can sink a couple of Amps, and are automatic, by direction.

F4 can also sink a couple of Amps, and is toggled on & off with the Bind button.

Does that help you?

PhilP
phil@rctrains.co.uk

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Are any of these LEDs to be automatically switched for direction?

F1 & F2 can sink a couple of Amps, and are automatic, by direction.

F4 can also sink a couple of Amps, and is toggled on & off with the Bind button.

Does that help you?

PhilP
phil@rctrains.co.uk
Are any of these LEDs to be automatically switched for direction? No, but 1 will be using P1 & P2 for that.

F4 can also sink a couple of Amps, and is toggled on & off with the Bind button. Ah! So is the F4 pre programmed to latch. IE: press & release bind once F4 is on, press again & its off.

Does that help you? Thankyou, Yes.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
You got it.. :)

F3 can also sink 2Amps, and is momentary, when the Bind button is pressed, it is 'on'..

PhilP

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
You got it.. :)

F3 can also sink 2Amps, and is momentary, when the Bind button is pressed, it is 'on'..

PhilP
Hi, thanks for the help, but i get lost with electronics terminology. "F3 can also sink 2Amps" i take it means F3 can take a load of 2 Amps" Also i am wondering why Micron says a sink/load of: "(P1..P6), 0V when off, 3.3V when on, max 20mA" Or is this 2amp just momentarily & not constant.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, thanks for the help, but i get lost with electronics terminology. "F3 can also sink 2Amps" i take it means F3 can take a load of 2 Amps" Also i am wondering why Micron says a sink/load of: "(P1..P6), 0V when off, 3.3V when on, max 20mA" Or is this 2amp just momentarily & not constant.
I think you''re confusing your Fs and Ps. The F outputs are FET buffered to 2A. The P outputs are limited to 20mA.

Rik

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I think you''re confusing your Fs and Ps. The F outputs are FET buffered to 2A. The P outputs are limited to 20mA.

Rik
Indeed so I always got a bit confused between F’s and P’s when doing Deltang programming. Would have been so much more helpful if the complete thing used a different letter for something that is different. But we are where we are.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Indeed so I always got a bit confused between F’s and P’s when doing Deltang programming. Would have been so much more helpful if the complete thing used a different letter for something that is different. But we are where we are.
I think, in my blog posts, I generally refer to the FET outputs as ABC and the P outputs as 1 - 8 to try and emphasise the difference.

Rik

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Errrrr......?
So the motor outputs are H..
The buffered outputs are F..
And the logic outputs are P..

But in future, I will refer to buffered outputs, by the letter-designations 'A' to 'D'. - These are the FET buffered outputs, that can sink 2 Amps.

PhilP.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Errrrr......?
So the motor outputs are H..
The buffered outputs are F..
And the logic outputs are P..

But in future, I will refer to buffered outputs, by the letter-designations 'A' to 'D'. - These are the FET buffered outputs, that can sink 2 Amps.

PhilP.
I think, in my blog posts, I generally refer to the FET outputs as ABC and the P outputs as 1 - 8 to try and emphasise the difference.

Rik
Oops oh dear sorry did not make myself fully clear! I meant in the instructions that left me going round in circles. In the end I did a logic table to help clear things up in my mind.